Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

I'm a little late in the greeting but the meaning is still there! Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

My family was not all able to be together but some of us made it. Glee had a great dinner on Saturday. Barb and I and Ron enjoyed it very much. Mike ended up playing in a basketball alumni game, and Beth, Karsten & Jackson spent Saturday noon with Grandma Shirley (Karsten's mother).

We took a ride in Ron's new truck and headed down to the creek. It's an absolutely beautiful place to spend time. The sound of the water is great. I'm presently walking around (or should I say limping) around with a cane. The consensus is that I have injuryed my hamstring on my left leg, which is also causing some problems with my knee. I have pain pills (they're great! They put you to sleep very quickly.) Nothing seems to be bothering my other meds (thank goodness) so I walk with the cane and a limp! If this doesn't straighten out within a couple of weeks I'll have to go through some shots to help with pain and lubication of the knee joint. Some kind of new shot. My family knows how I hate shots so I bet I get better real quick.

The creek was wonderful. We're hoping to get the whole family (including Baby C and family) there sometime this spring/summer for a nice evening meal and get together. We also spent some time at the fish hatchery. Saw a lot of trout! When I got tired I just headed back to the truck and the others caught up with me before I even got that far. Getting old is for the birds! Take care of your bodies, cuz they get to a point in your life when they just can't give any more!! It was a nice afternoon.

Got back to the Sasses and Beth, Karsten and Jackson were there. They had also driven down to the creek . . . . Jackson did a little Easter egg hunting and Uncle Mike showed up too. We almost had the whole family there. We missed Jim & Mandy and hope that next year we can all be together. Barb and I got back to Dubuque around 7:30 p.m. Grabbed a bit to eat and headed home.

Barbie did my wash for me. Thank goodness. Nothing funnier than a lady with a cane trying to navigate steps with a laundry basket! She took some home for me too! Helped grocery shop on Sunday morning and then headed by to home and an evening meal with Jim & Mandy.

Sounds like I'll be a grandmother this weekend. Barb is coming back to Des Moines on Friday and I'll head down that way then too. I'll get to spend some time with my daughter and my son and daughter-in-law and my new granddaughter! I'm really excited about this whole thing. Wished I could walk better, but I know I can hobbled into that hospital and see that new baby!!

I better get back at some work I need to get done. Next time I talk to any of you I hope I'm a new grandmother!!

No comments: