Monday, August 06, 2007

Vacation time

Vacation time will soon be here! My daughter, my sister and her husband, and 2 of her brothers-in-law are heading to Estes Park, Colorado for a week. I'm really looking forward to it. Jim & Diane are flying out and will meet us there. My sister and her husband along with Rob & Mary are driving out and will meet Barbie and I in Kearney, Nebraska Friday night or Saturday morning, depending on what time of night we get in. The Sass bunch is leaving Friday a.m., while Barbie and are leaving sometime Friday afternoon. Both Barb and I are working part of Friday. I can't wait to see the beautiful mountains of Colorado again.
I've been busy. Went to a family reunion July 29th in Rochester. Our numbers are dwindling but we still manage a few people every year. Next year it will be back in Iowa. Maybe the Iowa kids will all make that one!
This past weekend we congregated at my sister's to spend some time with my brother and his wife. I was lucky and both of my kids were able to be with us. Unfortunately Mandy, Jim's bride-to-be, was unable to be with us. I was so hoping she would get to meet Jim's godfather before the wedding. Jim came home on Friday night to go to a surprise party for one of his friend's and Mandy had plans to have a yard sale. Rain delayed the yard sale but Jim was already here so he joined the rest of us. We had a nice meal together and catch up on what everyone's been doing lately.
My brother's son is getting married one of these days. He's in the Navy and everytime they plan something orders come in for Nick to leave. They're going to continue to try and hope to be married before the 1st of the year.
We have a new baby coming in the family. My neice, Beth (and my godchild) is expecting her first baby the same weekend Jim and Mandy are getting married. We have baby and bridal showers planned when we get back from vacation. Keeps us all busy!!
Jim and Mandy will be getting married September 22nd. We're still making plans for some of the wedding but the majority of the plans are finished. I'm excited about the whole thing. It'll be a long weekend and a short one. It'll all be over before we know it. I'm hoping for lots of pictures from everyone so I can do a book for them for Christmas (2008). I'm a little slow in finishing that type of project, but they usually turn out real well.
It's hard to believe that summer is almost over. I worked the Dubuque County Fair, helping park cars. The weather wasn't too bad for standing out in a field and telling people where to put their car! I said this was my last year, but last Saturday I had breakfast with Bill and some of the other guys and they're talking about doing it again next year. I still think a 60-year old woman doesn't belong standing out in the field with the sun beating down upon her! We'll see!! I only worked the week evenings this past year. Gave up the weekends because it's just too long hours.
Time to get at some other stuff around here. I've been doing some packing for the trip. Want to pack the majority of my stuff on Thursday evening so that I can take off from work. It should be a fun trip! I'll post pictures!
Have a great week.

No comments: