Friday, May 16, 2008

In addition . . .

Good Morning! Just in case anyone actually reads this . . . I forgot one of my Mother's Day gifts. Barbie also gave me a set of knives and a knife block. She was tired of using my old, beat-up knives when she visits. Thanks Barb. They're already up and being used. The old block and knives will go to Goodwill or some such place. Maybe somebody can sharpen them and get some use out of them.

I think I have everything drug up stairs that I brought home with me from last weekend. This weekend one of my projects is re-potting a bunch of my plants. I have a jade plant that is living on about an inch of soil and the water that I dump into the pot. That's the first plant to be re-potted! The soil is thanks to Barb also. She couldn't find a small bag when we bought plants last weekend so gave me some leftovers and believe me I can use it. I'm going to break up some of my aloe vera plants (some of the gals at work said they were interested in having a couple of them) and just give some of the others new soil.

Got my fan upstairs also. I haven't put it together yet, but will tonight. I'm interested in seeing how it works. Had not Jim & Mandy got that for me I would have bought one. It should definitely make my bedrooms more comfortable when it gets really warm.

Scrapbook alert . . . I finished Barb's book of Jim & Mandy's wedding last night. It turned out well. Or at least I think it did. And it's not a monster one either -- I tried to keep it down to size. I have a real problem when I scrap and have all these pictures to chose from -- I don't. I just put the majority of them in the book! They say less is more, but guess I haven't got to that point yet!! I have 3 more books to do on the kids' wedding and a couple of baby books and just thought of this the other night, but I never did a Colorado book for myself from last year. I should be good for a few months!!

I better get back to work. Weekend sounds like it's going to be a nice one. Enjoy everyone. Until later . . .

No comments: