Friday, April 24, 2009

Charlotte Harper

Our little Charlotte is in the hospital again. The happy family went home on Tuesday, only to return again on Wednesday. She's in Blank Children's Hospital in Des Moines. Right next door to where she was born. She has jaundice. They have her hooked up to an IV and under the 'blue' lights. Hopefully all will be able to come home on Saturday.

I stoled these pictures from Jim & Mandy's blog but they're so great I didn't think another look would be horrible. These were all taken before she returned to the hospital.

Isn't Mandy the perfect picture of a new Mom? What a happy new mommy!

I came home on Monday and returned to Des Moines on Wednesday evening. I had a Planners Meeting on Thursday and decided to spend some time with my family so came down on Wednesday already. The place we meet isn't very far from Barb's house so it made it easy!

I got to Barb's around 7:30 or so and asked if she'd heard from her brother. He had called my cell while I was in a meeting and didn't leave a message. He always does that!!! She was the one that told me Charlotte was back in the hospital. Didn't take us long to get back into the car and go visiting. Jackie was there when we got there. The kids were eating and Charlotte was under the 'blue' lights with her fancy sunglasses on! She didn't wimper at all the whole time we were there. We stayed for about half-an-hour and then thought it best to get going and let them have some peace.

We grabbed some food from Burger King and headed home. Barb showed me my shortcut to the Polk County Public Works building and then back to Ankeny. Jim called later that evening and said they had put the IV in. In her little hand! Poor little thing. I am happy to report that I talked to Jim a few minutes ago and everyone is doing well. Charlotte's numbers are looking good and they're hoping to bring her home tomorrow. It will be good for everyone to get back into some sort of routine.

I made my meeting okay. We're working on a lot of plans for the stimulus money we've all received. May looks like a very busymonth as far as writing grants and plans are concerned. Our stimulus plan needs to be in Des Moines by May 21st and my CSBG grant is due by June 5th. And then there'a always the day-to-day stuff to contend with also.

My knee/leg (whatever) is still giving me some problems. It's very hard to go up and down the stairs at my place. It really tires me. I'm taking meds and trying to do the exercises Barb gave me. Plans are for x-rays on Monday. Nothing is happening, I'm not getting better and I'm so tired all the time. I get frustrated very easy and am trying not to take it out on my family and friends. I can't do housework worth a darn and I'm trying to figure out how to get some laundry done. Actually I think I have that one figured out. I can take it down in a pillowcase or clean garbage bag and bring it back up the same way. It's just so darn time consuming!!! I've been trying to do a little housework at a time. Right now I'm in the middle of dusting my living room. Vacuuming is easy as I've got something to hang onto when I'm pushing the darn thing around. Things will get better!

It's a beautiful day in Dubuque. Wished I could spend some time outdoors, but my time is coming. I'm planning on working at the food giveaway tomorrow morning. I haven't seen Bill or Tom for some time and would like to spend a little time with them. Have to show off my granddaughter!! She's such a cutie!!!

Back to scrapbooking. Finishing a wedding book for Mandy's Dad and onto more baby books for my family.

God Bless All.

No comments: