Saturday, July 25, 2009

More Weekend


Mommy burping Charlotte.


Jim & his daughter. This is a darling picture, but as usual, I probably had my finger over the lens so it's not a clear picture but it is cute!



My darling granddaughter!!


More Charlotte.


Charlotte with here Daddy.

I got a note from my sister wondering if I had taken any pictures of Charlotte my weekend in Des Moines. So I thought I better get these on before someone else asked the same question!! I noticed she got her picture with Charlotte on Jim & Mandy's blog!!! Actually I didn't get a lot of pictures the day of the picnic. Charlotte was being a Mommy & Daddy baby and was indoors the majority of the time. When I was around her I didn't have my camera. So, I'll just have to depend on Mandy & Jim for pictures!!

I did spend some additional time with my little family in Urbandale. On Sunday evening Barb plays ball so spent some time with them then. I did get to hold Charlotte for a bit but she decided she really did prefer her Daddy so I lost out on that one!! I'm sure she'll soon get over that phase and we can all hold her as much as we want. We had a nice visit on Sunday evening. Barb's game was forfeited (the other team didn't show up), so we left and made a quick trip out to the hotel that my conference was at. It wasn't too difficult to fine but I was glad for the guided tour!

The conference ran from Monday through Wednesday. Wednesday's finishing touch was an award luncheon for years of service to community action. Oh I forgot, this was our annual ICAA (Iowa Communtiy Action Association) Training Conference. I received my 25 year award at this luncheon. Woo Hoo! The State of Iowa gives you a piece of paper with your name and the number of years you've been on the job. They don't even give you a frame! They do, however, take your picture as you're receiving your award and in a group. I might get a copy of that, I really don't know.

Monday evening I had an additional meeting after the workshops and headed back to Barb's for supper. She had a game so I spent the evening watching TV and reading. Tuesday evening we decided to all get together and go out for supper. It's much harder for Jim & Mandy to go out right now with Charlotte, but she was a jewel and we had a nice supper at Chip's in Ankeny. We went back to Barb's and just hung out for a few hours. Mandy fed her little one and then she ended up on the floor and stayed there the majority of the evening. She really was good. Barb has a few toys and got her attention with some colored rings. With all baby's, the majority of anything she got her hands on with goes to her mouth. She's such a darling little girl. I love her so much! Wished I lived closer so that she eventually will know who her Grandma Joy is!!

You'll have to pardon my photography I seem to always have my fingers where they shouldn't be! Barb, Jim & Mandy got me a fantastic digital camera for my birthday a couple years ago and I shouldn't be able to mess anything up too much, but they can't do anything about me putting my fingers on the lens!!! I do love taking pictures, and Barbie always says when I taking some that I already have a scrapbook page in mind. (She's right, I usually do!!!)

Barb came to the award luncheon on Wednesday. That was special. I really appreciated her doing that. Jim & Mandy were unable to attend because they WORK! My boss said I should invite them, I said I did, but they WORK and there's no way they can get off for an award luncheon in the middle of the day. They used to have them in the evening - that would have been nice because then I think they would have tried to be there. They could have brought Charley and I could have shown her off. Everybody loves the pictures I have of Charlotte!

Had to share these additional pictures of my long weekend with all. I adore my family and love being able to show them off to my friends.

No comments: