Saturday, August 22, 2009

Duh!

I couldn't think of any other title so Duh will have to do! I really haven't been doing much lately except working. But if I don't work I don't get to do anything!!

Marilyn and I have been checking out the paper on a weekly basis and looking for new places to check into. When I do find something that sounds good it's awful when you get there, or it's two stories and the renter is responsible for lawn mowing and snow removal. What a bummer! We really did have a good time last Sunday. We drove all over Dubuque and found streets we'd never been on before! I'll find something one way or the other!!

Spent the last couple of days in Cedar Rapids. We had a workshop on Financial LIteracy that was very interesting. Horizon's put it on, or rather hosted it. Our state association put the workshop on. They've just recently got back into their building as they were flooded out last year. They have a great place. The outside looks pretty awful but once you're inside it's pretty awesome! Spent some time with co-workers I'm not with very often. Parts of the two-day workshop were good, some a little boring. Sat and watched a 'scary' movie with some of them Thursday night. Has anyone out there ever watched or seen "The Strangers"? It's a little on the scary side. Ekk!! That's for my friends I watched the movie with!!

Got back Friday night around 5:00. Boy was I tired. I'll take my own bed any day. Got up this morning and did some actual cleaning. My bedroom looks pretty good for once. Now to tackle the living room and my craft den (or cell, or whatever you want to call it). I've been working on a book for Jim & Mandy about Charlotte, but have come to a point where I need some more pictures. I have a great idea on how to make up a small album with the creek party. Got some great pictures of that event. (I do get out occassionally!)

Race on tonight. I didn't even check as to who's on pole. Guess I'll just watch it and find out.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: