Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day! It's raining here in Dubuque this morning. It's warm out there too! I put the air on again when I got up. I'm such a wimp!
I hope all are having a nice day with their dad's or the father figure in their lives. I looked all through my pictures and couldn't find one of my dad that I've already scanned except for this one . . . . and as you can see it's from a wedding -- my sister's to be specific!
It was always hard to get Dad to smile for a picture. It wasn't hard to get him to smile when you were talking to him or when you were spending time around him. As many years as it has been -- I still miss him. Some of my fondest memories are of family dinners where everyone got together, ate more than they needed, and after the meal Dad would tell stories. I'd heard some of them forever but enjoyed hearing them again and again. My Gram Baade was the same way -- must be because they were related. I enjoyed sitting there and listening to him tell stories on his mother, about his brother and the times when they were growing up. Memories!! Those were good times.
I'm proud of myself -- I got my DVD player hooked up in the spare room. Saturday morning I had my hair done (perm and cut and it really does feel and look better). I stopped at Shopko to look for a couple of things for vacation and talked to one of the clerks about hooking the DVD player up. He asked a few questions about the TV and found me the conventer(s) I needed. There is a way to hook up my DVD player and the VCR at the same time -- that I haven't figured out yet but I do have the DVD player running. That was a major accomplishment for me!!! I kept the other piece and am hoping when Jimmy comes home he can finish what I started. At least I can watch DVD's on the big screen now.
I don't know if I'm accomplishing anything with my pictures or not. Last week I took books apart to put them back together in chronicalogical order. I made more of a mess than what I started out with!! But I feel like I'm making some progress. Found some stuff at Michael's the other night to complete a couple of pages I've been fooling around with. I keep thinking I'll get more organized but it doesn't seem to be happening.
I went shopping Friday night after work and picked up some groceries for the weekend. I haven't been sleeping very well so Saturday morning I was up at 5:00 and did some scrapbooking and then went for my hair and shopping. This morning I managed to stay in bed until 6:00 but then got up and finished my kitchen and put some pork chops in the crockpot for dinner. They sure smell good! I'm hungry for brownies so think I'll probably put some in the oven the next trip into the kitchen.
Laundry waits . . . doesn't it always. I've started a list for vacation. Part of it's at work the other is laying here on my kitchen counter. I'm really anxious to go . . . I'm really looking forward to being away from Dubuque and doing something different for a change!! Barb gave us some ideas and I've been online checking out some places we've talked about. Fun!!
I better get at that laundry and more scrapbooking. Hope you all are having a great father's day.

No comments: