Monday, October 15, 2007

More wedding pictures!








I just couldn't resist putting more pictures in my blog. They aren't in any specific order (as you can see) but the way I uploaded them. I always try and put them in the body of my blog and that doesn't always work so thought I'd try it this way . . . this time.

Don't Jim and Mandy look happy? They were just coming out of the church on this shot. They had an absolutely beautiful day for their wedding. Next we go to the reception and Barb & Dan. Barbie walked with Jim's college roommate and friend, Dan. They make a great looking couple, don't they? Dan and Sara are the proud parents of a baby girl, Grace Addison, born in July. Dan and Sara live in Des Moines also.

The next picture has absolutely nothing to do with the wedding except that he's the newest member of our family. My neice, Beth, gave birth to this beautiful baby October 1st. His name is Jackson Dean. He was 8 lbs. 2 oz., 20 inches long and according to his Grandma Glee "wonderful!" Jackson was born in Dubuque so I was able to visit Beth & Karsten while they were still here in town. He really is a beautiful baby. What wonderful eyes!!

I'm just all over with these pictures but . . . the next one is two of my old neighbors and oldest friends from Epworth -- Cheri Clancy (Amke) and Doris Bierman. Doris and Amke were able to attend Mandy's wedding shower and we just had to have a picture for old time sake! We really must get together one of these days and hash over old times!!

Back to the wedding. Mandy and her bridesmaids. That's Barb on the far right. They all looked so beautiful in their black dresses.

Last, and certainly not least, the bride & groom at the reception. By this time they were very relaxed and took some great pictures.

The photographer Mandy & Jim had took over 1200 pictures of their wedding. They have them posted on-line and I can't wait to get a hold of some of them to do some scrapbooking. I promised Jackie (Mandy's mom) a book, would like to make one for Jim & Mandy, Barbie and myself. That should keep me busy for a few evenings!

What a rainy weekend. Did you get a lot done at your house? I worked a food giveaway on Saturday morning and came home and took a long nap. I think it lasted until later in the afternoon. I did see our Hawkeyes beat Illinois. That was a surprise! Didn't accomplish much on Saturday. Sunday I got in the spirit of cleaning and got a few things done. It needed it. Being out of town for a couple of weekends in a row doesn't do much for my cleaning!!

I finished a scrapbooking project and spent some time organizing pictures and my room before beginning another project. I love to scrapbook, but sometimes it takes a bit to get me going on a new project. Once I'm started I'm okay.

I should probably get a little more done around here tonight before I call it a night. I just had to add some more pictures. I'm sure more will be coming! It really was a nice wedding and everything turned out so well. And Jackson is a cutie!!

Best go. You all take care. God Bless.


No comments: