Sunday, November 09, 2008

Craft Fairs

I'm a little slow in getting things on my blog lately! Guess I'm just getting old . . .
Last weekend (November 1-2) my sister Glee, my niece Beth and myself made a trip to Ankeny. We spent the weekend with Barb and went to the North Pole Craft Fair in Ankeny. It's a fantastic craft fair and we really had a great time.

Glee & Beth picked me up around 7:00 p.m. and we were off on our adventure. It's always an adventure when you're with my sister and niece! We had some good laughs before we even got to Ankeny. It was Halloween so we asked Barb for some treats when we got there. She obliged and gave us some! She said she actually had about 20 kids this year. The development that she lives in doesn't have a lot of kids so this was an exciting Halloween for her.

Beth brought us pictures of Jackson in his Tigger outfit. What a darling Tigger!! I think he could really bounce like Tigger too! Jackson is at the stage in his life where nothing much scares him and he's climbing all over everything. He has the bruises to prove it! Beth says every time they take him to daycare they ask if the bruises were done at home or at the center!!! He'll grow out of that! (I hope!)

We all found something at the fair. We started out at one of the middle schools hoping the crowds would thin out a bit at the high school. It was crowded but not as much as last year. At least it didn't seem that way! We decided later Saturday evening that we had missed a room at the high school but there wasn't a lot we could do about it then. It was fun!!!


We went out for supper on Saturday evening. Came back and played some board games. Barb & I rule on Trivia Pursuit! We did a lot of laughing and even gained back the hour we lost in April (or whenever we went to daylight time).


Went out for breakfast on Sunday morning. That's where the pictures were taken. There's some others but I thought since Christmas is coming and I want some presents too I better not put them on!! We did a little more shopping on Sunday morning and then took off for home. It was a great weekend and we're hoping to do it again soon.


Work has been extremely busy lately and very stressful. Maybe it's me! We have Tuesday off as it's Veteran's Day and I'm looking forward to doing some shopping and probably some scrapping! I'm collecting lists from my family so that I can get my shopping done. We had snow flurries on Saturday morning. I guess it's that time of year but I'm not ready for it yet!!

I have finally finished Jim & Mandy's wedding album. I literally took it apart and put it back together again. It actually is two books cuz there's so many pictures. It turned out real well and I'm very happy with it. Hope they will be too!!

My family is coming here for Thanksgiving. Barb, Jim & Mandy will be spending Thanksgiving Day with their Dad and his wife but will be here for the evening. We decided two big meals on one day was more than they could handle so . . . we're having turkey again on Friday. Both Barb and Mandy expressed an interest in shopping on Friday so while they shop I'll dog sit and make the meal. Glee, Ron and Jackson are coming. Hopefully Mike will be along too. Both Beth and Karsten have to work and we couldn't figure out when to have a meal when they could be here so we'll miss them and I'll even send home some turkey and dressing for them! I'm looking forward to having Jackson around for a few hours. He's such a cute little kid! I'm also looking forward to having my daughter, son and daughter-in-law here for a couple of days. They've promised to help put my tree together and maybe even help with the decorating! I love my tree and all the ornaments but it is a chore to get all the lights up, etc. It'll be a real family project this year!!

Cold weather is here and I suppose it won't be leaving us for a while. I finally had to break down and put some heat on. I put my down comforter on the bed and put away the summer quilt I use. I have a new look to my spare bedroom so when my kids come they can actually sleep in a bed. I just have to go out and get some sheets for it. Notice in a couple ads they have flannel sheets on sale so . . . off I will go!

I've spent a lot of time this weekend watching football. I really do love that game. My Colts pulled one off this afternoon. Our Hawkeyes did the same on Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately our Cyclones didn't do as well. Maybe next year guys!!


Well it's time to get at a couple of things before bed. Hope all have a good week at work. I have board meeting this week as well as the holiday in the middle. Maybe I can leave early on Friday and do a little shopping them too.

Take care all.

No comments: