Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ditto

I must have craft fairs on the brain! Last weekend there was a big one here in Dubuque at the Grand River Center. That's such a cool place to go to anyway but this made it extra special.

Glee & Beth stopped by around 9:30 and we took off. I told them I'd drive because Glee always drives to everything. Found a place to park in the parking garage. Didn't have to walk in that wind that way.

I was so excited when we paid our way in. I got an Alaskan quarter for my change. The guy gave it to me then took it back and gave me a half dollar. I requested the quarter back . . . of course he had to dig through his money bag but we found it!! Beth & Glee thought maybe he was hitting on me! That'll be the day!

The show was great. I actually found a bunch of things I wanted. I even finished some of my shopping for members of my family. And we really had a good time just wondering around. I've been told to always bring my cell in case I get lost! How do they know that they aren't the ones lost????

We decided to go out for lunch before they had to return home. We stopped at Mario's. One of my favorite places to eat. Had a great lunch and then hit the road again. Glee & Beth went out to Sam's but I decided I was too tired and drug my stuff upstairs and watched the end of the Hawkeye game and then took my nap. It was a good day shopping.

Work has been very busy and getting more so. I'm scheduled for training 2 days next week. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. My family will all be here. Hopefully my brother and his wife will be able to join us. They're going to try. Unfortunately Karsten has to work but he's sending his little boy and wife. We'll send him back some turkey and dressing!!

We're planning on putting up my tree Thanksgiving weekend. I have so much stuff to drag upstairs. I've already started it and have almost everything up here. Now, we have to put the tree together and put the lights on. I wished now I would have bought a tree with the lights already on it, but they're so heavy!! Barb promised to string the lights for me! I love Christmas and the color that goes along with it. My tree goes up early and comes down late. Last year it was February before I got it down. Got busy on the weekends and never got to it until them. The colors were great!!

Back to work for me. I really had a great time this past weekend. I love craft fairs!!






No comments: