Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One More Time . . .

I've been trying all week to get some pictures on here of Mandy's shower and haven't had much luck. Finally today it worked. I have no clue what I was doing wrong, but apparently I figured it out!!

Jim called tonight and asked if I'd checked out their blog lately. Told him no, but I just came from there and you really need to check it out. They have pictures of the Baby "C's" room on it. It's delightful. Can't wait to see it!

We had a shower in Dubuque for Mandy and Baby C on Saturday, March 7th. It wasn't the nicest day of the month (it rained) but we certainly had a nice group of people. The Hy-Vee out in Asbury has a beautiful community room that you can use for occasions such as showers. Jim wanted to take the big flat-panel TV with him, but we didn't think that was a good idea. We provided the menu and the guest list and Hy-Vee did the rest. Easy way to do a shower.

Barb provided the games (she's good at that stuff). The name the baby animal game was fun. I didn't know half of them. Glad I got to cheat before we got there!

Got pictures of the mother-to-be and the daddy and of course, the hostesses. I think Barb deserves most of the credit for this one. I just looked up addresses and provided some odds and ends. It was fun.

Jackson was there and provided some of the entertainment. He's such a live wire. It was fun watching him run around and play with the balloons, etc. Just think, a year from now I can watch my granddaughter run around and play!

I haven't been feeling real well lately. Had my semi-annual check-up and all those numbers came out great. Don't know if I have a touch of flu or there's something else going on. Guess I'll just take it a day at a time. Can't do much more than that anyway. I'm just tired of whining about it and frustrated with the whole thing!! Maybe spring weather will help. I sure loved those days when we could have our windows open and let some nice fresh air in.

Weather doesn't sound too wonderful for this weekend. Rain and/or snow. Was hoping we were done with the snow part, but . . . . we live in Iowa so we will take what we get!!

My girlfriend from Monona bought a condo here in Dubuque and has been down the last couple of weekends. She stayed here one weekend and I took the tour. She doesn't take possession until April but I did get to see the outside and the area that she'll be living in. We had a good time. We only got lost for about half an hour. I swear we went by these two girls that were playing volleyball (practicing) at least 4 times. They probably wondered about us too. Last Saturday she was down again. She's been looking for a job and found one. She'll be office manager for a business one of her nephew's has. I'm looking forward to her being back here in Dubuque.

I'm working on another wedding album of Jim & Mandy's wedding. I made one for them (of course), Jackie (Mandy's mom), Harry, and Barb and thought maybe Bob would like one too. I'm getting good at this one. He may not get it until after this grandchild is born, but he'll get one. I think it took me almost 2 years to get Beth & Karsten's done. Glee keeps telling me my hobby has become an obsession -- she might be right. I certainly enjoy it.

Have lots of meetings coming up at work. Some are in Dubuque and some out of town. At least I won't have to worry about weather. Or at least I don't think so.

Since I just finished my supper of ham and eggs I probably should go and do some dishes. Basketball games on TV tonight. I listen more than I watch these days anyway!!

Take care.

No comments: