Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One down, one to go!

I've been home now for about an hour. Just got back from Ankeny. Didn't get to see my kids but did go to a workshop regarding HR matters. This morning was a little boring but the afternoon speaker was excellent. I left home around 6:00 a.m. and got over to Brenda's about 6:20 or thereabouts. She drove. We made excellent time and found the library okay. Actually, we found it accidentally. I called Barb last night and she gave me some vague directions. Good thing I was listening. I told Brenda to get off at the wrong exit -- realized it and was still able to find myself to Prairie Trail Drive (or whatever it's called). Ankeny has a beautiful library. And a very nice meeting room.

Thursday I make another trip to Des Moines proper. I have a meeting regarding the ARRA (stimulus) funds. How to track it. It's only a 3 hour meeting, but it is very important so down I go again. Hopefully I will not have to drive then either. This getting up at 5:00 in the morning is going to poop me out!! I'm too old for this stuff.

Happy Anniversary to my son and his wife (Jim & Mandy). They're celebrating 2 years today. I did remember to call each of them while in the big city. The date got here sooner than I thought.

The last couple of weeks have been very busy at work. The end of the year is coming up for me. I'm not looking forward to that. I'm hoping when I get to the office tomorrow my new computer system is complete. Got a feeling it may take them longer than they thought. I may end up back here at home to finish up my employee newsletter. Guess we'll wait and see.

Had a nice weekend. Went out for breakfast with a friend on Saturday. Good way to start the weekend. I wasn't terribly busy but got a lot accomplished. I've just about finished a 6x6 book on the Sass Creek Party. My pictures turned out real well and I had such a good time putting them together. It's a nice change working with smaller pages. Took a little getting used to but once I got going . . . .

Have some busy weekends coming up. My Aunt Lorraine will be celebrating her 85th birthday this coming Sunday. I"m planning on attending that. The following weekend is Jackson's (my great-nephew) birthday. He'll be 2 already! I haven't seen him for a couple of months and am looking forward to that. He's talking more in sentences and just being the darling little boy that he is. Hope it's a nice day for the event.

Fall is definitely here. I can't believe all the trees that are turning already and all the leaves that are already on the ground. Hope that doesn't mean a nasty winter. I can handle cold, but would prefer not to have lots of snow or ice. I'll even take snow over ice! Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Laundry is waiting. Take care.


No comments: