Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Charlotte's Baptism


Jesse, Mandy, Charlotte, Jim & Barbie


Charlotte and her baptismal dress. Isn't she a doll?


Charlotte and her very proud Grandma Joy!


The happy family.


Charlotte's baptism.

Jim & Mandy had Charlotte baptized this weekend. The church is the Lutheran Church of Hope in West Des Moines. It's an absolutely beautiful building and campus. Charlotte was a little doll. She was so good. It was a wonderful day and lot of both sides of the family were able to make it. Barb was one of her sponsors and very happy to take on that duty.

I drove down to Barb's on Saturday morning. There was some fog, but nothing that was too bad. It was a nice drive. Barb was at the ISU/Iowa game, so I let myself in, switched on the TV and watched the Cyclones get bombed! They really looked bad. My sympathies to Barbie.

Barb got home around 3:30 or so. She took a little nap. She really got sunburned. I was hoping to spend part of the evening with Jim, Mandy & Charlotte but they had made other plans so Barb and I went to The Waterfront for supper. It's a seafood place in Ankeny. Barb even ate fish! I saw it. I'm a witness!! It was very good. We came home and watched some football and NASCAR. Went to bed early as both of us were tired.

Sunday was a beautiful day. We went to church with the whole family. The baptismal service was after the regular church service in their Chapel. A very nice service. Eight babies were baptized. Charlotte, of course, was the cutest!

After much debating, it was decided to all eat together at the Cheesecake Factory in Jordan Creek. It was a very long lunch. I think we sat there for over 2 hours. The company was good and the food wasn't bad either. After the majority of us went back to their house and had cake and punch and watched the gift opening. Charlotte got a lot of nice gifts and hopefully many memories with all the pictures that were taken.

I have a terrible time putting pictures in my blog lately so they come first and then the narrative. Mandy has some great shots on her blog too. These are ones I either took or Barb sent them to me. Hope you all enjoy them.

I got a DVD from Jim with more pictures of Charlotte for her book I'm working on. I've got some of them on my computer. I'll probably be working on that this weekend. Jim & Mandy were coming but their plans changed so . . . mine did too. Maybe some other time.

I'm scrapping a book of our Creek Party. Got some shots from my sister and niece and one of their friends posted some on Facebook so I borrowed them too. It's really been fun putting this book together. We had such a great time. That too was a beautiful weekend.

Well, I lived through the day! Tuesday morning I stopped at my doctor's office and had blood drawn (aka blood letting) for my semi-annual check-up. Hurray!! It only took one stab at my left elbow to get the amount of blood needed. It usually takes much longer and I end up with both arms bruising. I'm impressed with Diane. She's really getting this down pat! I also drink a lot of water before I go -- helps!

Today I went back to find out the results of all the te
sts. I'm happy to say that my blood pressure is good (132/80) my numbers are where he wants them (I can't remember exactly what they were, but the good is good and the bad is good also). I just know that he was happy about it. The results weren't back yet on my A1C but they called me late this afternoon and told me it's 6.9. That's a good number for diabetes. I also lost a couple of pounds. Think I lost more than that but I know I pigged out this weekend. Do you ever weigh what you want?

The weather has been so beautiful lately. I could live with this all year around. Trees are starting to turn and some are even loosing their leaves. I think it's a little early for that but I don't have control over that either so can't do a thing about it. Want to get out and take some pictures of the hills one of these next weekends.

I have a board meeting tomorrow night and some finishing touches on some projects I've been working on at work to finish in the a.m. I've been working up brochures for each of our programs. It's been fun. I enjoy doing work like that. Next week I'm scheduled for a workshop in Ankeny. I think Brenda said we were leaving around 6 - 6:30 a.m. Hope to get to at least talk to Barb and Jim or maybe get to see them before we have to head back home. Work is starting to get busier -- fuel season is upon us. New computers are supposed to be coming for a lot of us. I'm getting a new laptop and really excited about that. The one I'm using now quits whenever it wants to!!

I best call it a night. MASH is on so I think I'll get my book and read and watch TV before going to bed.

Nite.

No comments: