Monday, October 19, 2009

Birthday


Charlotte likes oatmeal. Can't you tell?


Just hangin' out at GJ's!!


GJ & her favorite granddaughter!!


Ta da!!


Charlotte helping me open my birthday present.


All rolled up in her quilt!!



More present opening.


She had a great time and takes beautiful pictures!

It was my birthday this past weekend and Jim, Mandy and Charlotte came to visit. Charlotte has never been to my place before so this was a new experience for her. She's such a good baby. I had a great time talking to her, holding her and just plain being around her. Come again real soon little darlin'!!

The kids got in late Friday night (or early Saturday morning) which ever way you want to put it. Charlotte woke up and wasn't real happy about going back to sleep but eventually got there. Thank goodness she slept in a little bit on Saturday morning. I think it was around 8 when she got up. She sure is a bright-eyed little thing in the a.m.

Mandy and Jim made their own breakfast. I opened my gift from Barbie. Charlotte helped!! Thanks Barb for the beautiful tops! The picture of Charlotte and I I'm wearing one of them. Everybody got cleaned up and ready to go and off we went to Galena. Galena is a great little city to visit. This past weekend was the pottery tours. It was busy! It's always hard to find a place to park but when there's something special going on, it's doubly hard. We ended up on Bench Street (typical) just up from the flood gates. Found some steps to get us all down to Main Street and started our journey for the day. Charlotte was really a good baby considering she was in her stroller a lot of the time. Daddy carried her part of the time. None of us really bought a lot but it sure was fun checking out the stores and just browsing. It would have been a little more fun if the weather would have cooperated. It was overcast and cloudy all day. Even got a little nippy toward sunset. We packed up and came home around 5:30. Fed Charlotte and then the rest of us got ready to go out for supper. Jim & Mandy took me to the Olive Garden. It's one of my favorite places to eat. I enjoyed Charlotte throughout the evening. Rented a movie (which we never did get all the way through) and got everyone settled down for the night.

Sunday morning got up early. I told the kids I'd like to take them out for breakfast so after getting everyone ready and Charlotte fed we trucked off to Perkin's. It was a typical Sunday in Dubuque. Everybody goes out to breakfast on Sunday!!! We didn't have a real long wait but Charlotte was really tired and wasn't content to sit in her seat so between Jim and Mandy she was entertained and we were able to eat.

It wasn't long and it was time for them to return home. I really enjoyed my weekend. It was so great having them here. Charlotte is a beautiful baby and I just love her to pieces!! Got a lot of pictures and spent some quality time with all of them. Hopefully they can come back again soon.

I have a meeting in Des Moines on October 29th and am hoping to connect with all of my children on that date. It always depends on what's going on at the office as to if I can go in the night before or whatever. Plans have also been made to spend the weekend of November 6, 7 and 8 in Ankeny. It's the annual North Pole Craft Fair and Glee, Beth and I are planning on attending. Mandy wasn't real sure that she wanted to go, but we're planning on doing something together on the 7th. Gotta see my little gal whenever I can. We also want to do some planning for Christmas that weekend.

Work has been extremely busy these past weeks. We're putting in a new computer system and having some problems getting it done. It's also the end of our fiscal year and the beginning of our heating season. There's always a fire to put out somewhere!! I celebrated 25 years on September 28th with the agency. That's a long time to be in one place. Plans are to retire from there some time in the future.

Did some major organizing of pictures just before Jim & Mandy came. They had to have a place to sleep so I had to clean off the futon and actually got something done. I'm in the middle of a scrapbook for Beth of Jackson. He's such a little rascal and such fun to do pictures of. He's really growing up fast!!! But I guess they all do. Faster than we would like them to.

I'm listening to the football game. Once in a while I glance over at the screen to see what the noise is all about. Good game tonight. Baseball playoffs are upon us also. Haven't really paid much attention to that sport this year. I'm a NASCAR and football fan.

I best call it a night for this time around. I got some real nice pictures of the fall colors today at my lunch. Got some of the bluffs in Dubuque. The sun was out and the pictures turned out quite well. Next time.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a cutie. so glad they came for a visit. Glee