Sunday, October 04, 2009

Happy Birthday Jackson!

The Foels Family


Jackson got a wheelbarrow and loved it!


Mike open this for me!!


Jackson loves Elmo!!



He really gets into opening his presents!


Got a wagon from Grandma & Grandpa Sass.


Blowin' out the candle!


The Elmo Cake.

We celebrated Jackson's 2nd birthday on Saturday. As you can see he loves Elmo. Beth had a special cake baked for him and it was delicious. It had peanut butter filling, just like a Reese's Pieces! Wow! Aren't we all special. We had a great supper and cake and then opened gifts.

Jackson had a ball. He got so many things he couldn't decide if he wanted to open more gifts or play with the ones he'd already opened. One of his favorites was his tractor and wagon and his fire truck. He loves pushing things around. He has his little toys (small scale) all lined up on the top of his toy chest and is constantly moving them from one side to other all lined up perfectly. I should know, he kept moving them and asking me to help reach for them across the chest.

He's such a cute little guy. He's talking and actually making sense out of most of the things he says. Once in a while you just have to agree because you just don't understand, but he's so much fun to be around it really doesn't matter. You just gotta love him.

I got to Glee & Ron's around 1:00 on Saturday. I drove in some rain and muddy roads. I just got the last dust (Glee's dust) off my car and now I definitely have Glee's mud on it. Maybe it'll rain again this week while I'm at work and nature will wash my car. Otherwise I'm really going to have to take it to the car wash!! I was so hoping for some sunshine so I could stop in Guttenberg and take some pictures of the hillsides and the beautiful fall colors, but it was just too gloomy. Maybe next weekend.

Beth had supper for all of us. We all ate well. And then it was time for Jackson to blow out the candles and open presents. He's been sick the last couple of weeks on and off and his meds seem to be bother him a bit. He was going like gangbusters right after we got there and all at once he just ran out of gas. He wanted Mom or Dad and then seemed to feel better and went right after it again.

We all got to meet Mike's girlfriend. She's a real nice young lady. She's a nurse, at University Hospitals in Iowa City, so her and Beth have something in common. Thanks Mike for introducing her to all of us. Poor girl, probably thought she was in the middle of a nut house (at times).

By the time the gifts were all open Jackson was beginning to get tired again. I bet he slept well Saturday night! Actually the rest of us did too.

I left Saturday when the Hawkeyes were leading their football game and got to see the end of it at Glee & Ron's. They pulled it off. Glad the game wasn't any longer. My sympathies to all the Cyclone fans out there. Sorry about that Barb! There's next week and we'll all yell louder!!

Slept in this morning. Ron went to church and left Glee and I home. I've been wanting to get some pictures from Glee for Jackson's books and this morning worked out well. We copied some to my memory stick and decided to email the rest. Hey Glee, they all got here and are all printable!! We made it work!! Both Glee and I learned a little something about our computers with all the fooling around we did. We fixed it, right Glee!!??? Ron???

I got home a little after 6 tonight. Brought back some great looking tomatoes. Glee had plenty so gave me some to eat. I'll enjoy them the rest of the week. I miss not being able to have a garden living in an apartment. Especially things like tomatoes and green beans. Maybe someday.

I've spent the majority of my evening copying pictures. I went out last week and bought an external drive just for the pictures. My computer is slowing down and also getting full. Once I get everything figured out, it'll be great. Didn't have any problems hooking up the drive but now have to figure out what I'm doing when I move files. It'll come, it'll come.

Back to work tomorrow. Sounds like more rain in the forecast. Oh goody!! Soup time. Fall got here awfully quick this year. Hope we still see some Indian Summer.

Take care all.

No comments: