Sunday, November 22, 2009

I just checked Jim & Mandy's blog. I have a darling granddaughter! Isn't she the cutest thing!!! I'm looking forward to the holidays and spending some time with my little Urbandale family. I'll be staying with Barb and enjoying her company too. Hope they all enjoy mine!!

I had company for the weekend. Glee, Beth & Jackson came Saturday to do some shopping. What fun to spend time with Jackson. He is such a sweet little boy. And so good. I know his mother will argue with me about being good but considering he rode in his car seat from home to my place, from here to the Mall and sat again in his stroller. He was really good. We stopped at the Humane Society at the Mall and looked at the dogs and cats. He got really excited when he saw the cats and called them by name -- his cat's name! But it's so much fun to watch his expressions and listen to him talk. He's growing up so fast. Oh, it was nice spending time with his mother and grandmother (Damma) too. We didn't get a lot of shopping done, but it was fun just getting out and being with other people.

I don't see my sister as much as I'd like too, but have been with her the last 3 weekends. Wow! Wonder what she's doing this next weekend. Beth & Glee went with me (or I with them) the first of the month to the craft fair in Ankeny. That was a nice weekend. Last weekend there was a big craft fair here in Dubuque and Glee came down on Friday night and we went to that on Saturday. Like I said, I've seen a lot of her lately.

I have a friend coming over tomorrow night to help bring all my Christmas stuff up from my storage closet in the basement. I'm going to just take my time and get everything together. Deadline is Monday, November 30th. To be done by then! I should be able to make that.

Work has been busy. I spent a week promoting our programs to a group of individuals that will be loosing their jobs in 2010. Pink slips have not gone out yet, but they're coming. The company is trying to do as much as possible for their employees and I'm part of the group that goes into businesses and plants when closings happen. It's kinda depressing. Makes a person thankful for what they have!! I did finally get my State reports finished on Friday and saw it on its way. I'm sure there will be some touch up that has to be done but the biggest part of it is finished. This is a short week (jeans week) at work. I'm planning on finding a home for all the lone papers laying around, making up folders and just plain cleaning out the place. We have a potluck on Wednesday and I'm leaning toward making pumpkin bars or apple crisp. Have to see how ambitious I feel on Tuesday night.

Thanksgiving will be spent putting Christmas together at my house. I bought a turkey TV dinner for Thursday. I also bought a small (3 lbs.) turkey breast. I love turkey. I still have to pick up cranberries, can't have turkey either real or TV without cranberry sauce. I have a co-worker that has no place to go on Thanksgiving either so may ask her if she'd like to join me. I can put her to work stringing lights!!!

I have so much to be thankful for. First of all I'm employed. I have a job. I can pay my bills. I have two wonderful children, a beautiful granddaughter and daughter-in-law. I have a sister and family that I love dearly. These people make my world go around. They're all very special for me, and I thank God every night when I say my prays that they are part of my life. My health is fairly good (aches and pains come and go and I'll just keep on truckin'). I live in a country that gives me my freedom to do what I want and be what I want. For all of this I am thankful. We seem to overlook Thanksgiving in this country (and it's our holiday, no other country) and go directly from Halloween to Christmas. I'm as much at fault as the next person. But I am thankful for what I have and guess I just want everyone to know that. I have friends that I'm thankful for. They keep me sane (or crazy, whatever the day provides). You get out of life what you put into it. It's just like a job -- you have to work at it to make it what you want it to be!!

To my family and friends, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember those you love. Stay safe if you're traveling and everyone come back home safe and sound. God Bless All!

No comments: