Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Family Christmas Gathering


Jackson way 'up there!'
Keely, Jarret & Josh

Ron & Jackson 'resting'

Jackson got a police car from Barb!

The Baade Kids

Betsy opening her gifts!

Barb & her physical therapy socks

Barb visiting with Jarret

Mark and his family

We made it through the weekend without snow!! We missed Mandy, Jim & Charlotte, Kallie and Nick and his family but everyone else was able to make it. Charlotte was sick and Mandy wasn't feeling real good either. Nick and his family are out on the east coast and didn't get back for the holidays this year. Kallie had a get together with some of her friends. Sounds like Charlotte and Mandy are both feeling much better.

It was fun having everyone here. A little crowded but we had a good visit. Everyone brought something with them so of course we didn't go hungry. But I did run out of cheese soup and the chili was close! Next time I'll know better how much to make.

The little ones are growing so fast. Jackson is talking in sentences and cute as a button. Jarret is running around and beginning to talk. He's such a cutie and a red headed one!! Bailey even came to visit for a bit. We're hoping to get together a couple times more this spring and summer. Glee & Ron have a wonderful campsite to entertain at and Josh said something about all going down there too. It should be fun.

I had Monday off as a paid holiday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) and did absolutely nothing. Well that's not quite true, I did put dishes away, picked up a little and did some laundry. Other than that, I enjoyed my day off and sat around and watched TV, read and did a little scrapbooking. I have all kinds of new pictures to scrap, plus a bunch of old ones to finish!!

I noticed the top string of lights went out on my big tree now. I've already changed the top string on the JOY tree. Well, the big one will keep until it gets taken down -- this weekend, I hope. I just have to get started and it'll come down fine. Barb brought a lot of the boxes up for me and I drag another up when I get home in the afternoon. I hate taking down the tree. All the color goes out of my living room! I'm going to leave the snowmen up for a little bit longer and then it'll be time for Easter and nice pastel colors.

Sounds like more weather coming in for the weekend. We didn't get a lot of ice (thank you very much) but the majority of the school districts around here called classes, just to be safe. Snow and whatever on the way for the weekend. Bad weather all over the country!! How many days until spring?

Best I get some other things done around here. Have a good week!

No comments: