Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter Ramblings

Winter just doesn't want to leave us, does it? Sounds like more cold weather is in store for us for at least another week. I guess that's better than more snow!!

I'm a Great Aunt again! Beth & Karsten had a baby boy on Monday, February 15. They named him Tristan Ronald. He weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. (I think that's what she said) and was 19 1/2 inches long. Mom, Dad & Baby Tristan are doing fine. Beth will be going home tomorrow. I didn't feel real well today so took a sick day and stayed home and thought it best if I didn't go to the hospital tonight either. I'm pretty sure my car can find it's way to Farmersburg in the near future. Congratulations Foels' Family!!! Welcome Tristan to the family!!

When you say your prayers tonight or tomorrow morning, please say a pray for my friend Marilyn. Marilyn will be having surgery tomorrow morning. She has a form of cancer (there's so many kinds out there) but the doctors feel that they have caught it in plenty of time so surgery was scheduled. Please send prays heaven ward for her. Thank you.

Nothing special happening in my life these days. I'm a little boring. I do need to let Beth know that I actually got my Christmas tree and stuff down before February 1st. I did keep all the snowmen up all over the place, but we'll have snow on the ground for a couple more months, then they go to the storage room also.

Work is keeping my busy. I have a Planner's Meeting coming up February 25th in Des Moines. I also have a Program Review Meeting the night before so think maybe it'll be a short night for me. My plans are to stay in Des Moines for the weekend and spend some time with my darling granddaughter, son, his wife and my daughter. I've requested that we do nothing special, just kinda hang out. Thought that sounded like a good idea. Mandy puts lots of pictures on their blog about Charlotte and I personally thank her for that. She's growing so fast and it's so great to be able to see the changes, even if it's only in pictures. So I'm looking forward to playing with my granddaughter!! She'll probably wear me out before half an hour!!

Think it's time to think about a vacation. I'd like to go back to Colorado, but haven't found anyone else that really wants to commit to going out this year. Guess I'll work on that a little. I've also talked about going back to Charleston. I loved it out there so much. It's a trip no matter which way I go. Probably end up staying home -- it's not as expensive!!!

I'm working on a Creek Party scrapbook for myself these days. Have about 2 pages to go and that's finished. I've never done anything for myself for Jim & Mandy's wedding so might start on that project too. I've worked up a flyer for my scrapbooking business but haven't really gotten anything out there yet. I should probably get at that. I know the economy is slow (and bad in some places) but there must be a couple of people out there that would like to have their pictures put in a memory book! Guess we'll see!!

The news is on so I probably should think about getting ready for bed. Not necessarily sleeping but at least getting ready! Good week everyone!

No comments: