Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jackson's Birthday Party

Little brother Tristan joined in all the fun!

Jackson got an activity desk from his Grandma Shirley. Cool gift!!!

Jackson loves cars, and he got a remote control Lighting McQueen and Dale Jr. car for some of his gifts. All the adults enjoyed playing with them too!


Jackson tugs hard on the covering of his bean bag chair that Sharon gave him. He likes it!

Oh wow! T-ball!


A train set from Mom & Dad. Just what he wanted!!


Another train set. Thomas the Train in fact. That was my gift to the Jack Man!!


Jackson and his cake!! Happy Birthday Jackson!

Jackson's 3rd birthday cake.
I'm a bit behind in m blogging and I stole these pictures from Beth's Facebook photo album but . . . they are all cute and all better than anything I took that day.
Jackson celebrated his 3rd birthday on October 2 at his house with his family. It was a beautiful October day when we ventured to Farmersburg for the party. I headed to Glee & Ron's for the weekend and rode down with Glee. Jackson met us at the door and was happy to take the presents that we brought with us. What a character! He had a great time.
Beth made a fantastic supper. She had ham and all the fixings! Barb wasn't able to make it as she had to attend (had to????) go to an ISU football game but she kept us updated the whole evening. I text her and told her she was missing a great meal - ham is one of her favorites! Everything was really good!!!!
Beth got the cake out and lit the candle so that Jackson could make his wish and blow it out! He did a great job and then got to open presents. He had a ball. But I guess when I was 3 I probably did too. Maybe not . . . that would have been the year my brother was born, so we probably didn't even have a party. Geez, I got a baby brother for my 3rd birthday!!!
Tristan is such a little doll. He's the happiest kid I've ever seen. He's always smiling. Even when Jackson is knocking him over!! He's a tough little cookie. Jackson was very protective of his new toys and would lay down right in front of Tristan so he couldn't get to anything. I don't think Tristan even realized it, but I'm sure the day will come.
The Foels' family and I got Jackson the same type of gift, but as luck would have it, they are compatible and he has a super train set. I found mine at RC2 in Dyersville. They have all kinds of Thomas the Train stuff. I know where I'm going for Christmas for Jackson!! Karsten put both sets together the next day and Jackson had one super big train set with all kinds of trains!! He was a happy boy.
I spent Sunday with my sister. We had a real good chat. Got to watch some NASCAR on their big screen TV (watched a little football too). It was a real nice day. We should probably do that more often!!
Next birthday celebration is mine. More on that at a later date. Jackson's day was super and everyone had a great time - especially the birthday boy!!!

No comments: