Friday, April 08, 2011

MY GRANDDAUGHTER!

Grandma did some shopping and bought Charlotte a CD player. She's busy putting the CD's into it. This is just Charlotte being Charlotte!

Charlotte loves books, but get bored real fast. She'll sit down with you and let you read to her (about 2 pages) and then she says, "Good-Bye." Then you start another book or she's off to find something else to do.


Barbie took her turn reading.
See, she found her own book. Grandma went on a shopping spree and the Elmo book came out of that adventure.

Enjoying her teddy grams and CD player.
Having ice cream after her bath!
We're socializing at the dining room table.
Another book shot!
Charlotte showed me how she changes her baby's pant!! Cute.
Playing with the toys at Barbie's house.
Reading a book at Aunt Barbie's.
Charlotte and her beads from New Orleans!!


February 24 I had a meeting in Des Moines with my Planners group. Since I'm the chairman it's one I don't miss. I usually stay overnight at Barb's and if time permits stay for the weekend. The 24th meeting I had more than enough time in on my timesheet that I was able to stay for the weekend. It was great sleeping in on Friday morning and spending time with my children.


My meeting was over early so I headed to Barb's. I was just settling down for a quick nap when I heard the garage door opening. It was Jim. He ate and I visited with him until he had to go back to work. Barb made supper on Thursday night. She made tacos! They were good! Mandy brought some homemade dipping sauce and it was fun watching Charlotte. She'd ask for a chip, and then demand dip, dip, dip!!


Barb had been in New Orleans a couple of weeks before this visit and brought back Charlotte some beads! She sure had a blast with them. She's such a girlie girl!


Friday I slept in. I remember saying good-bye to Barb and turning over and sleeping some more. It was great. I wanted to do some shopping so headed out for Target, etc. I spent a lot of time and cash at the Ankeny Target. Got Charlotte a couple of outfits, a couple of toys and books. Got some stuff for me too! I don't see her or her parents very often so probably spoil her real good when I do come.


Friday night it was Mandy's turn to cook. She made stuffed shells! Boy were they good. We were welcomed by the dogs and Boomer! That Petey -- he's one big dog and loves attention. And you can't miss him as he's so big already! I gave Charlotte her gifts after supper. She really liked the CD player.


Jim & family were heading for the Omaha area on Saturday so Barbie and I slept in again. When I got up I could already smell the bacon and eggs. We had a leisurely breakfast and took off. Barb had a couple of errands so we took care of them first. It was snowing slightly!! We went to the fairgrounds to a big craft show. I didn't buy a lot but certainly enjoying looking at everything! Talked to a couple at one of the tables and they sent me free passes for the craft fair in Dubuque the first part of April. That was cool! We did more shopping. Barb found some shoes and other things. We spent some time at Valley West Mall. That's a nice mall in Des Moines.


I took laundry, as usual, so finished that up on Sunday morning and headed back to Dubuque after lunch. It was a nice weekend. I hope to do that again soon. Charlotte's 2nd birthday is coming up so I'm sure I'll spend another weekend in the area. Hope the weather is nice. I'm tired of slush, snow flurries and rain. Guess I should be happy with the rain and not ice or anything associated with it. It was a good weekend.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte aske for her Grandma Joy toy almost every car ride.

-Jim