Monday, March 14, 2011

Unexpected Visitor

My daughter, Barb, came for the weekend! She texted late Thursday night that they were coming home early because the ISU women had lost their game and wondered if I wanted some company? Duh! What a dumb question. Told her there would be clothes in the washer with quarters under the Downy bottle when she got here and I'd be home around 5:00. Well, I was able to leave around 4:35 and just barely beat her here. (I did get the wet clothes in the dryer before she came.) She knocked on the door and asked if I was decent? Katie and Emmett were with her and needed a potty break. Katie and her dad were on their way to Madison to visit with brother Scott and his new baby. Mary was already there so Katie thought she could drop Barb off and pick her up on the way home. Emmett would be going back with Mary and Katie would have company from Dubuque to Ankeny. Worked out well for all.

I was really kinda embarrassed at the way my place looked but no one seemed to mind (except me). I had told Barbie we'd go out for supper. We did. We went to the Dubuque Mining Company. I love their burgers! We both ate well. We watched some high school boys basketball games. Saw Kyle receive an award for the all-state team. Good for him! I know Sandie is very proud of him!! It was really windy on Friday night here in Dubuque. I still have a cough that bothers a lot and I got up early in the morning to get some cough medicine and surprised the heck out of Barbie (and me) when I woke her sleeping on the sofa! She said it was so noisy in the spare bedroom that she couldn't sleep! She surprised me a little too! When I got up Saturday morning she was back in the bedroom. I started taking the snowmen off the top of the entertainment center and trying to find the boxes, etc. I let her sleep in a little bit. Barbie ran up and down those steps so many times this weekend. I'm surprised she could walk by Saturday evening! We did a lot of moving things around. I decided to get rid of some of my things (Barb and Katie are planning a garage sale some time in the future so sent some things home with them.) I had a couple of things that I just don't have room for any more and Barbie kinda liked them so . . . they found a new home. It was getting time to eat and I needed groceries so we went out to HyVee and had lunch and got groceries. The food isn't too bad!!! At least it filled our tummies. We came back and finished the living room. It looks great! Found some of my pictures and other stuff and got everything back in place.

We made pizza for supper. Actually Barbie did most of the baking! I sat and watched -- does that count for anything? We watched some more basketball. Barry Shay and Charlie Zahn were both honored during halftime for their officiating to the state. That was kinda cool. I haven't seen either of them in years so it made it interesting!!

Barb let me sleep in on Sunday. She had the bathroom all cleaned by the time I woke up. It's so nice to have a maid! She did so much over the weekend. I can't thank her enough. I didn't even feed her properly. Hopefully one of these days when she comes we can just visit and I can actually feed her a decent meal. I just can't seem to get over this flu or whatever it is I have. I'm so tired all the time and my bones hurt! If it continues I guess I'll have to go back to the doctor! I'm really tired of not feeling well . . . I just want to feel good again.

Katie texted that she'd be coming through around 1:30 p.m. We decided I better get a new shower curtain. I still had my snowmen one up, so off we went. Stopped at Shopko and didn't find anything that really thrilled me so went to Target. Found one I really liked! And since we were there decided to look for something for Charlotte for Easter. That was fun. Found her a basket and a few other goodies to put into it.

We stopped at Burger King on the way home and got something to eat. Like I said, poor Barbie didn't get a decent meal the whole time she was here. She even made muffins for breakfast!! She really got a lot done and I truly do appreciate everything she did. Katie got here around 1:30 and between the two of them they got everything drug down the steps and out to the car. Barb took a bunch of recycle stuff back for me too. I am assuming that they got home okay. Didn't get a text saying anything else. Thanks Barbie for everything!!!

Went to work today. I still don't have an office put together. The guy that was supposed to put the desks together didn't show up again. I guess the only people that are really put out are myself and Brenda. Brenda has part of her desk together, but all mine and the stuff that goes into it, etc. is still sitting in our small conference room on the second floor. I'm really getting tired of not having my stuff near by and able to do my job. We're going to try and put it together tomorrow. And it would certainly help if I felt better. My work doesn't get done if I'm not there so guess I'll just tough it out and get it done! Hopefully we get the desks back tomorrow!

I should probably get some more pictures back on this blog. Have some cute ones of Charlotte the weekend I was in Ankeny/Urbandale. Maybe next time. Spring is in the air, things have to get better all around. At least attitudes will be better (even mine).

I've watched a lot of stuff coming out of Japan. What I see is almost unbelieveable! What a disaster!! I hope I never have to live through anything like that or any of my family either.

Congratulations to Keely and Josh Baade on the birth of their son, Griffin Starr. He was born over the weekend. Keely had a few problems getting him into this world, but sounds like all is well now. God's Blessings to all!! Hope to see the newest Baade soon.

No comments: