Monday, December 12, 2011

New Grandson!

Beautiful children! Another one of Mandy's pictures. She does wonderful work!! But look what she has to work with!! Her children are beautiful.

Charlotte, her Disney Princess look!!!

A very informal family portrait! They were all together so I snapped the picture.

There is no order to these pictures. I just post them as I copy them. Bear with me. They're worth looking at. When we went to visit the newest edition to the family we took presents for Baby Oliver and Charlotte. Charlotte got a new top from Aunt Barbe. She likes it!
Oliver Norman Davis. This is one of Mandy's beautiful pictures of her son. I'm sure someday he won't thank her for it, but it's a beautiful picture and a wonderful memory.

Barbie went to visit the little one late Monday afternoon. Great shot of Mom, Dad and the newest Davis. Congratulations!

Barbie and Oliver.

This is the official announcement of Jim & Mandy's son. Mandy took the picture and did the work on the announcement itself. He's a beautiful baby and Mandy did a great job on the announcement!

Isn't he a little doll?

Mom and Baby. I love this shot. It's perfect!!

Grandma and her grandson!

More of Mandy's work. I think he's about 2 weeks old on these.

One proud grandmother!!!

Charlotte wanted to help feed Oliver so Mom accomodated her! She's a natural and loves helping Mom take care of her baby brother. Look closely and you can see Mom's hand under Oliver's head. What a precious picture.

Daddy with his son in the hospital. That's one proud Daddy!!!

Big sister couldn't wait to meet her brother and hold him.

Mandy does beautiful work. Big sister and little brother! Pure love.

That's my little princess! I found her a princess hat and wand for her at the craft fair. She seemed to enjoy playing with it!! What a cutie!!

Baby Oliver's gift(s)! A friend of mine made the basket for all the goodies that I found for Oliver. The basket is made of paper, all paper. Stephanie does a beautiful job on making these baskets!!! This one has Boyd's Bears on it!!

This is a duplicate but it's such a beautiful picture. Enjoy.


On November 14, 2011 is the birthdate of my grandson, Oliver Norman. Oliver's parents are my son Jim and wife Mandy. Oliver joins a sister, Charlotte!!

There that's the official announcement on my blog. Mandy had a c-section with Oliver on the advice of her doctors. All went well and they have a beautiful little boy. He is such a darling!! I drove down to Ankeny on Friday, November 18 to check out the newest addition to the family. Barb and I went over on Saturday morning. When I got in on Friday night Jackie and Jayke had just arrived and since Barb was at a ballgame I decided I would wait until the next day to greet my little grandchild.

Got up Saturday morning and called Jim, and they were at the doctor. Nothing to worry about, just a regular checkup after the birth. We headed out to the fairgrounds to a huge craft show. It was really cool. Looked at a lot of things and decided we would either come back later that afternoon or the next day. Picked up chicken for dinner and took off for Jim's. As usual, we were greeted by Odie, Petey, Boomer and Jim! There's always a welcoming committee at Jim's door!! Jayke was holding the little one when we got there but he graciously gave him up for Grandma Joy! What a thrill! A new little one to hold. There's nothing more wonderful than holding a little baby (and even more so when it's your own grandson) in the whole world. Babies are just so special. Oliver has a whole lot of hair. I didn't get to see much of his eyes, he slept the majority of the time. We brought presents for Oliver and Charlotte. Spent some time opening presents and taking pictures. We had a bite to eat and then Barb decided to rake the backyard. She had a bit of a cold and didn't want anyone else to catch it so her and Jayke spent some time outdoors. Barb got the whole backyard raked!!! Came in to warm up a bit and left! Jim asked me to stay longer and would take me home later. I had a wonderful afternoon with Oliver, Charlotte, Jim, Mandy, Jackie and Jayke. Jim took me home around 8:30 with the promise of seeing everyone the next day.

Sunday morning we got up and headed out to the fairgrounds again. I picked up some Christmas gifts. Slowly but surely I will get my shopping done!! We got to Jim's around 12:30 and spent the afternoon with everyone. Mandy took some formal pictures of her kiddos! She does a beautiful job. A lot of pictures I've posted are from her. I had a great time meeting and greeting my grandson and see my darling little Charlotte again. Can't wait for the next visit!!

No comments: