Thursday, April 05, 2012

Easter

It's Easter weekend . . . or almost. I am so blessed to have the family and friends that I do. God has been good to me. My daughter is coming 'home' for part of the weekend. She'll spend Saturday and part of Sunday with me. I hope to be able to find a small ham to bake and all the other goodies that go with an Easter Sunday dinner. She suggested that we have leftovers for supper before she leaves for her home. Sounds good to me.

I wish that my son and his family could be with me on a holiday and since this is Easter it would have been so nice to have them here. Mandy is busy on Saturday with a photo-shoot and her brother and his wife will be there. Sunday they wish to go to the church they have been attending. I am hoping that Barb and I can go to Lord of Life here in Dubuque for Sunday services. It's a lot like Hope in West Des Moines, only smaller, of course, but just as friendly and welcoming as Hope.

I truly miss seeing more of my grandchildren, but then I think of some of my friends who get to see their grandkids once or twice a year. Compare my 4 or 5 times a year and I certainly see mine a lot more! Charlotte's birthday will soon be here and I hope to be able to attend her party and maybe spend a little extra time with the rest of the family. Little Oliver is growing so fast! He's such a cutie!!! Guess I better have my camera ready and get some shots for my memory books!

The weather has been wonderful. A little chilly today (we're so spoiled with 75-80 degree weather). It's nice to be able to open the windows and get some fresh air in the house. With Barb coming Saturday I have some extra time to get some forgotten(??) housework done. Have to admit I get a whole lot more done when I know someone is coming to stay! She doesn't know it yet (unless she reads this before she comes) we're moving furniture this weekend! Time for a change.

Blessed Easter greetings to all. God Bless.

No comments: