Monday, April 09, 2012

Happy Easter!

It was a bautiful Easter for me! Barbara got here around lunch time on Saturday. She always calls before she comes so I asked what she wanted to eat . . . homemade pizza or meatloaf. She took meatloaf hands down!! I think we left two slices leftover for my lunch!! I love having my kids here on weekends! I don't do much cooking with just one and it was fun doing some actual cooking for once!

We did do some furniture arranging. I explained what I wanted to do and we were off. Off to Menard's to find a bigger table for my craft work. Luckily we found a folding 8 foot table that works great. Just gives me more space to add more junk that I use when scrapbooking! We retired my old, tired card table. It was my folks' so you know how old (and beaten up) it looked. I now have all kinds of room for all my goodies! I also have decided I need to invest in some more plastic containers to keep my 'stuff' in. Boxes are great, as long as they are not in sight fo everybody that might see my craft den!! So, that's on the list for the next major shopping trip. I'm sure both Michael's and Hobby Lobby can more than accomodate me!! We also releived the room of a stero set (the CD player won't work anymore) and an old printer that wouldn't print anymore. Next on my agenda is to organize my closet in that room so that I can find things and put them away better. That could be a week's worth of work!!! But it's all finally coming together.

We slept in on Sunday morning and then went to church services at Lord of Life in Asbury. I think I've found a church that I could be very comfortable at. It was crowded (but it was also Easter Sunday) but found a place to sit . . . right next to Valarie Grimm. I haven't seen her for absolutely ages. I had to ask Barb who it was! Talked to her a bit after services. Her family has certainly grown, but then I guess mine has too!!!

We had the traditional Easter dinner. Ham and all the trimmings! Got a little lazy after lunch. I received an early Mother's Day gift from Barb. She bought me some new red dinnerware. I buy and use a lot of Temptations and was looking into buying some dinnerware from them. The pattern I have for my bakeware is pretty busy (and beautiful) and I haven't been able to afford the set from Temptations that I wanted. Barb found me a set of red! They look great and we set the table with it for dinner. The bakeware looks great with them. Wow! What a wonderful gift. Something I use and pratical as well. Thanks so much Barb! Love you very much. You are such a thoughtful daughter!!

Had a wonderful surprise later in the afternoon . . . picked up the phone to my beautiful granddaughter's voice telling me Happy Easter! We had a short conversation about Easter and Daddy's new car! She's a hoot! What a wonderful surprise. Thanks Jim and Mandy for remembering me. I'm anxiously awaiting going to Charlotte's birthday party. My gosh, Charlotte's going to be 3! Time certainly does seem to fly!!!

I actually helped Barb pack her car (she took back the old dishes - garage sale items - a bunch of recycle stuff, some big bag of garbage, and I don't know what all). Glad she doesn't have to drag everything upstairs when she gets home!!! It was a great holiday.

No comments: