Friday, November 09, 2012

Pity Party

I couldn't decide how to label this post . . . but in all truthfulness, it was very easy.  I'm having a pity party!  I'm feeling sorry for myself and no one does that better than me!!

I haven't felt well all week but Thursday it really got bad.  I had a great weekend with my daughter, sister and niece at the North Pole Craft Fair in Ankeny last weekend.  My body told me I overdid it before I even got home on Sunday evening.  It was a great fair and I found lots of things that I wanted (and some I really need).  Got some Christmas shopping done, a date set for the Davis Christmas gathering and got to spend some time with my grandchildren. 

Charlotte and Oliver are the most beautiful children in the world (I might be a little prejudice as they're my grandchildren) but I truly do believe that.  I don't get to see them very often.  They and their father were at my place in May and before that was before Oliver was even born.  They just don't head east very often.  I just love the time that I get to spend with them.  Barb ordered pizza for all of us and we had a very enjoyable evening together.  Charlotte & Barb put puzzles together, Oliver played with whatever he wanted and we went looking for clues throughout the living room, dining area and kitchen.  Charlotte has a very vivid imagination!  It's so much fun watching her.  I love my son and daughter very much, but get such a thrill out of being around Oliver and Charlotte!  It was great.

I ended up with a left foot that wouldn't fit into any of my shoes by Monday morning.  And it hurt!  We still haven't completely figured out what happened but I'm happy to say that it's not swollen like it was last weekend.  I also ended up with a very sore throat, headache, stomach problems and very, very tired, by the end of the week.  Went to the doctor today.  He's given me a release to go back to work on Monday, but only if I feel better.  I wouldn't feel wonderful (it's going to take a bit to get to that point) but I have to feel better OR go back to see them.  My blood pressure is elevated A LOT!  I was told to be sure and check it out by Wednesday.  If it's still high I'll need to head back to the doctor's office.  My pressure has been so good lately, so hope it's only that I'm sick that is causing this problem.  If not, well I guess we'll just have to run more tests, etc. 

I can't talk very well as my throat is very sore.  I called Jim tonight after work and told him I didn't think I'd make it to Oliver's party on Saturday.  He thanked me for that . . . seems they have all just gotten over cold-like symptoms too.  They have a trip to Disney scheduled for November 15th and I wouldn't want to spoil those plans.  To be truthful, I really don't feel like driving for 3 1/2 hours.  I'm just pooped!  Can't breath worth a darn, so am hopeful that the weekend will take care of the majority of my problems and I can get back to work on Monday.  I've already made some appointments to meet with new people for orientations and have a couple of reports that are overdue.  I will try not to push myself too hard so that I don't end up in this same situation again.

 I celebrated my 65th birthday in Ankeny this year.  Jim and the kids came over on Thursday night for a bit to eat and to relax.  Charlotte helped me open my present from Barb and we read books.
 I'm not sure Oliver really liked us reading books, but he seemed interested!
 Charlotte & Oliver played with a number of toys, but had a great time playing with Charlotte's beads.  She was more than happy to share with her baby brother!
 I love this picture.  Oliver is a very loving baby.  He puts his head on your shoulder and cuddles!  And then pulls back and gives you a great smile!!!
 He does make me laugh.
 Charlotte helped Barb decorate her patio door windows for Halloween.  They looked great.
Charlotte and I were watching a movie and Oliver decided he wanted in on the fun too!  He was welcomed with open arms!

The birthday weekend was fun.  I always enjoy seeing Oliver and Charlotte.  Time seems to go by so fast when I'm with them.  They're so darn cute!  I'm so lucky to have such wonderful grandchildren!!!

Well, the party time is over.  I'm finally getting sleepy again.  Maybe I'll try and sleep in my bed tonight.  I have problems with gunk running down my throat and giving me that choking feeling.  Sometimes it's just better to sleep in my recliner and let everything else go.  I'm not going to be very productive this weekend even if I do have a number of things that need to be finished, started and continued.  It'll get done eventually!

No comments: