Monday, October 22, 2012

Tired, tired, tired!!!

I am tired!  I didn't do that much over the weekend, but it seemed we were on the go constantly!  Don't get me wrong, I had a great time.  Got to spend some time with my daughter, my son, my daughter-in-law and my wonderful grandchildren. 

I think what I'm tired about is my job.  I'm tired of all the double standards that we must endure.  Tired of changing something (anything) when we're in the middle of a project or event.  I'm tired of only certain people being the 'bad' guys.  Always getting blamed for things that happen . . . even if they're not anywhere near what happened.  But I'm sure it's their fault!  It's so discouraging to be gone for a couple of days and come back to piles and piles of work, half of which was complete when I left, but now, were changing this and that and you better get some of this work done.  I've already put in extra time today.  Missed lunch (we grabbed a sandwich on the way back to the office and I ate a cold burger and something to drink) while I tried answering phone calls, getting information together for someone that had to have it yesterday (why they didn't ask for it before they absolutely had to have it . . . I DON"T KNOW!!!  It's more fun to watch someone rush around like mad to do work that someone else probably is more than capable of doing.  Found out today that we now have to do paperwork on anyone that has a doctor's excuse for sickness and/or surgery.  We've never done this before and two of us questioned it, but that's the way we do it and as HR I should have known that.  Well . . . if someone would tell me that this is the way we're doing things, I can assure you that it would have been done before I left last Wednesday!!!! 

I have 4 reports due to State, need to get a purchase order for 3 different stores to complete things for an all-agency staffing planned for Monday.  Once I get the stuff I will have to put name tags together, stuff the folders (after I buy them), run off the agendas, sign-in sheets, and whatever else I volunteered to do.  I understand we're working Sunday afternoon at the church decorating tables, and getting things together for giveaways to staff.  Oh goodie, I can miss either a NASCAR race or a football that I'd like to see.  My boss has had to leave early when the Cardinals play or because he's been putting in just too many hours at the office!  And I'll be expected to be at the church before 8 so that I can check everyone in!!  Oh, and take pictures of those that get awards and just shots of everyone and everyone thing that is going on!  Oh heck, I love my job sooooo much!!!  The real problem is I won't get credit for half of this work (or paid for it either).  We do not pay overtime, get your work done in the 40 hours we give you, if you don't, you damn well get it done anyway and not bitch about it!!

Spent the morning on the road.  I went with one of coordinators to Manchester and Hopkinton (you haven't lived until you've been to Hopkinton Elementary).  I had a couple of orientations to do.  And of course the paperwork wasn't done when I got to the office this morning.  All the program manager had to do was sign her name and give it to the Executive Director so he could sign his name.  But NO, she didn't have time.  Doesn't matter that we were late and ended up driving in that downpour this morning.  Couldn't see in front of yourself if you tried!  Slowed us down a bit!!!  But I did get all the paperwork that needed to do complete so they (the new employee) will be paid November 2nd.  I still have about 5 more sitting on my desk.  The Head Start program approved a number of employees and substitutes for their program.  You dont' get paid if you don't have the correct paperwork.  Makes sense to me but we've been waiting to get these people approved for almost 6 weeks.  The Head Start Program couldn't get a quorum together to make any decisions! 

Guess I'm just tired.  I am hoping to work for a couple of more years.  Would like to get in 30 years at New View.  Then I can retire from there and find a job I like!!!!  No, I'd really like to find something on a part-time basis that brings in a little extra income and hopefully enjoy my life a little bit!!!

I did enjoy Charlotte and Oliver.  They are such darling children.  Charlotte has an imagination that never quits.  If Oliver is half that creative . . . well he's going to keep them going!  He's a snuggler!  It's such a wonderful feeling to hold him and have him cuddle down into your neck (and then, of course, he pops his head back up and wiggles all over the place).  He is a delight!  Won't be long and he'll be cruising wherever he wants (or is allowed) to go!  Both of the kids are so beautiful and so wonderfully healthy!  Oh, they get a cold and Oliver has some teething problems from time-to-time but nothing major.  I say my prayers for all my family each night that they are health and happy. 

Went to Lutheran Church of Hope while I was in Ankeny/Urbandale.  It's a wonderful church to attend.  It may be just me, but whenever I go there I get such a feeling of peace.  I feel so comfortable there.  I dearly love their senior pastor.  He's so funny at times.  He's a very compassinate person and cares so much for his fellowman.  I'm pretty sure he lives what he preaches!  I wished that I could find a church like that around here.  Lord of Life is close, but it's a very small congregation.  I just want to go to a church that I feel comfortable at and not have to worry about feeling guilty if I don't belong to this committee or that committee.  I've given my time to my church.  I worked very hard for Grace to become what she did.  I made linen for the altar, I kept the books for years.  And then it was over.  Grace was too small to make it on her own and way to close to Dubuque.  It was a wonderful experience.  My son was the first child baptized at that church.  Both my children were confirmed at Grace Lutheran.  There's some history there.  Life goes on, even if a church doesn't make it.  Religion is a business like everything else in this world.  If there's no money, there's no church!!!  Sad.

I better quit while I'm behind.  The baseball game is on, a football game will soon be on and the presidential debate is tonight.  Glad I have a remote that works!!!!

And I probably should get something to eat, take my meds and then like Ron (my brother-in-law) take a nap before I get up and go to bed!!!!  I leave you with that thought!

Peace.

No comments: