Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's my birthday!

Happy Birthday to me!  I'm all of 65 today!  And righg this minute (3:21 p.m.) I feel like I'm 82!  I'm so tired!!!  I worked late last night to finish a couple of projects that needed to be done before I leave for Des Moines and my Planners Meeting.  I got done, but I'm not used to sitting at this desk for 12 hours.  I really do need to remember to get up and move around occasionally!

My co-workers surprised me this a.m. with singing happy birthday and pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting in the shape of the BIG 65!  They made me blow out the candles too!  It was fun and very thoughtful of them.  Sometimes this place isn't all that bad to work at!! 

I received a greeting from my baby brother (you know, Mark, 6 foot 5??? and younger than me) this morning.  That was a nice surprise.  I'm planning on spending some time with my children over the weekend.  How much?  I'm not sure.  Jim said something about supper tomorrow night and Barb has already told me that we're going someplace 'nice' on Friday night!!!  It will be a nice time to be away from home and with the people I love the most in this world.

I miss my grandchildren.  I wished that I lived closer.  I miss my children too, but they aren't changing as much as Charlotte and Oliver are.  But then I have friends who get to see their grandchildren once a year for a couple of weeks and then remember that I don't have it so bad!  Although the trips to Des Moines seem to be getting longer and longer.  I think it's my bones that complain when I finally arrive at my destination that hurt the most!!!  I told Jimmy when he was home a couple of weeks ago that I plan to live to see my grandchildren graduate from high school, college, get married and eventually give me great grandchildren.  We figure I'll have to live to 90+!!!  Hope that happens and that I'm still able to take care of myself!!  Just me and my cane enjoying my family!

Well the front desk just called and said the mail is here and no one is able to bring it upstairs so I'm going down and get it.  Leaving a little early today as the car could use a service job (oil change) and maybe I can drag my stuff down tonight rather at the crack of dawn tomorrow.  Time to rest for a while.

Happy Birthday to me!!!

No comments: