Monday, October 01, 2012

Dentists!

I lived through the surgery at the dentist office!  Actually I knew I would, but I was so darn scared.  Scared enough that I caused an anxiety attack on Monday and more sickness on Tuesday.  By Wednesday morning i was ready to challenge the world and get those teeth pulled!!!  Excuse me . . . extracted!  My driver came and got me around 9:30.  Got to the offices and filled out some necessary paperwork.  They finally called my name and I went back to the surgical unit.  The extraction wasn't bad at all!  But then, I don't remember any of it!  If I had known it was going to be that easy I wouldn't have fussed so much.  Live and learn!  The hardest part of the whole thing was finding a vein to put the IV into.  Two blew immediately and then two of them grabbed my hand and my left arm.  I think they were having a race to see who could find one first!!!  I ended up with the IV in my left arm.  They actually threatened to put it in my feet (I was wearing sandals) and they gave me a rough time about that.  I have some beautiful combat scars from the IV's but everything else went real well.  Betsy picked up my medication and a few groceries that I could eat.  We stopped at Hardee's and got me a milkshake and her some lunch.  She had lunch with me, made sure I took my pain meds and finally left to sleep.  And sleep I did.  I actually didn't have much pain throughout the whole thing.  Maybe I was just lucky.  I am so glad it's over with. 

I stayed home on Thursday as my mouth was still pretty sore.  I can still feel the stitches, but there's not much or any pain.  I had some swelling (to be expected).  I spent Thursday being lazy and got up Friday morning ready to go to work.  I had a medical doctor appointment in the a.m. but went to work first and then onto the appointment.  That one was for my diabetes.  All my numbers were good.  Even lost some weight!  Which for me is a constant battle!!  I didn't feel real good when I when to the doctor's office but figured it was just nerves.  I was lightheaded (of which I usually am) and had a bit of a stomach ache.  After getting back to the office all symptoms seemed to get worse.  Figured I was probably hungry as I haven't eaten much of anything for about a week.  Went out to lunch with a friend.  She told me I looked like hell (actually she told me I looked exhausted!) and I was.  The stomach pains didn't get much better so around 2:00 p.m. I just gave up and came home.  Did some more sleeping.  Think maybe I had a reaction to the pain meds.  Quit taking them.  I had a very quiet weekend at home and feel much better today.

Missed Jackson' birthday party since I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after 4:00.  I try not to sleep during the day as then I can't sleep at night.  I'm planning on heading toward Beth & Karsten's soon for a pizza/birthday party with Beth and her family and Glee & Ron.  Can't miss out a birthday party! 

The trees are absolutely beautiful on the hills in Dubuque.  Such wonderful colors!  Bet the hills around Guttenburg and McGregor are the same.  Sounds like colder weather coming toward the end of the week.  I'm wearing my short pants (capris) until it gets real cold!!  Hate to give them and my sandals up!

Enough . . . you all take care out there!

No comments: