Monday, January 21, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Yep, it sure is cold outside.  According to the temperature on my computer, at 2:43 p.m., it's 5 degrees above zero!  That ain't no heat wave!!!  Supposed to be like that for the next few days.  Oh goody!  Get out those heavy coats, hats and gloves!  Winter is here in Iowa.

I'm sitting in my living room with a Christmas tree with lights only!  Finally got all the decorations off (they still have to be put into their boxes) and this poor bare tree!  Hopefully I'll figure out how to get the tree apart.  Barb bought it for me in November and put it together.  She was going to be here this weekend to help put everything away but . . . she's in California!  She forgot she had a conference and vacation time coming.  I got everything down okay, and putting the boxes away won't be a problem, but I'm not sure about getting the tree itself put into it's box.  We'll see, we'll just have to see!  

When Christmas is over all the color leaves your home.  I rearranged furniture already.  My new TV and fireplace don't take up near the amount of room the old entertainment center did.  Glad we got rid of that without any problems.

Did I tell you how we did that?  The evening we exchanged gifts with  my family, my children decided that the new TV needed to be put on the wall and the fireplace put into place.  That meant removing the entertainment center from the living room.  About 11:30 that evening Barb & Jim removed it from the room.  Jim put it on Craig's List as FREE and they put a sign on it out in front of my building.  It was supposed to rain so I found a tarp and Jim and I covered as much of the center as we could in the rain!  When I got up Saturday morning I was really hoping to look out and find the entertainment center gone but . . . that didn't happen!  We continued our preparations for Christmas lunch with Glee, Ron & their family.  Actually the girls made breakfast, Jim & Mandy put a fantastic crockpot full of chili together and I took care of other things.  Before Glee, Ron and the boys got here Barb told me the good news . . . . someone had picked up the entertainment center.  Thank goodness!!  Now we didn't have to figure out how to get it into Karsten's truck and off the front lawn!!!   Jim took it off Craig's List and that was one less thing to worry about!  Wished everything would go that smoothly!!

Anyway, I'm still sitting here with a naked Christmas tree.  One box of ornaments are in their respective boxes and one more to go.  Then it's just odds and ends that I have to find a home for.  Every year I say I'm going to separate things into living room, kitchen, den/spare bedroom, bathroom, etc., but it never quite works out that way.  I get to the point where I just want to get it done and put away.  And I just better get to that.  

Until another time . . .  

No comments: