Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Happy Birthday Barb!


Happy Birthday Barbie! What a little thing you
are on these pictures. Course you were only one year old! Time flies, just like with your brother's birthday celebration. When Barbie turned one we had only been back in Iowa for about 2 weeks. Harry was in the Army and we had been living in Arizona. He was home on leave for a month preparing to go to Germany. We were able to celebrate our anniversary and Barbie's birthday before he left. Barbie and I lived with my parents until August 1972. After Harry got home we moved back into the Western Dubuque School system and lived in an apartment in Epworth. Barbie enjoyed her time with her grandparents and they certainly enjoyed having her around!

Hope every had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend. Mine was fairly quiet. I did some major shopping on Saturday and then used a lot of my new purchases in my scrapbooking. I think I have all my pictures together from my Colorado trip and hope to soon begin on scrapping those. If I were only not so slow in deciding how to layout my pages!!!!

Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day. I could live all year with days like that! Monday we had some rain, but a friend and I decided it was time to get out for a while and took a short trip north. We drove up the Wisconsin side to Prairie du Chien and enjoyed the countryside. Won't be long and corn and beans will be ready to harvest. Noticed a lot of church picnics to end the summer activities for a lot of them. We had a late lunch and enjoyed the scenery. It was a nice day.

Back to work for most of us on Tuesday. I have a short week, but a busy one. Our Finance/Personnel Committee mets tonight to make some decisions on benefits for the agency. Hope I can report good news regarding compesnation, etc., the next time I write. Seems like everything has gone up the past couple of years except our wages! A common complaint among all of us!!!

Nothing special doing for the next few weeks. I have some meetings in Des Moines planned in October and a birthday to celebrate. Talked to my daughter last night and invited myself down for an overnight stay in late October. My Planners group in having a speaker come in for our October meeting and have decided to begin at 9:30 a.m. That's a bit early for me to start off from Dubuque so . . . will go down the day before and spend some time with my daughter! Two fun things for the price of one!!!

Well, it's creeping onto 7:00 a.m. and I need to eat some breakfast before I begin another day. Hope all of you are having a good week.

Catch you later . . .

No comments: