Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

Monday was Jim's 31st birthday! Time certainly
flies when you're having so much fun, doesn't it???!!! This is a picture of Jim's 1st birthday party. He wasn't exactly sure what he was suppose to do with that candle burning in his cake!! What a cute little bugger! Grandma Palma was there to make sure he didn't fall off the counter and big sister Barb was nearby to help with blowing out the candle.











Big sister was there to help with the candles! Yikes, that has been a few years ago. Cute kids, huh?

Jim, I hope you had a great birthday. Wished I could have been there to help you celebrate but the next time you're home we'll at least go out for supper to celebrate. Look for your gift in the mail soon!

We celebrated Jim's birthday for the year and next up is Barb's. Her's is September 5. Both of my kids were born on a Labor Day weekend. How appropriate!!! Barb will be in Bismark over the weekend playing ball. Hope you bring home a winner Barbie!!

So far this week it's been the week from hell! I'm so glad we have a long weekend cuz I think I'm going to need it!! Sleeping sounds like a great thing to do. I've had 3 new job orientations, interviewed 3 people for a teaching position we have open, tried to get a newsletter done (hopefully that will be completed tomorrow) answered numerous phone calls regarding the openings we currently have and this afternoon just before I left I opened another position. The next few weeks could be interesting!!

Our Head Start centers began classes on Tuesday and that always makes for a fun day at the Central office. There's always mix-ups with transportation, children not having their paperwork completed and the list goes on and on!! By next week everything should calm down and we can all get back to doing our usual work.

I've been anxiously awaiting some scrapbooking supplies I ordered so I can start working on my Colorado trip. They came yesterday! I promised myself I would finish the current project on the table but then after that I think I will work on some of the Colorado stuff. I'm currently working on pictures we took at North Pole, Colorado back in 1971. Barbie was a little thing and we stopped there after driving up Pike's Peak. My pictures aren't the best (I blame that on the camera) but it is memories! I suppose I'll spend the greater share of my long weekend at my craft table doing what I love best -- scrapping!!

I probably should go and find something to eat and go do a little housework tonight and then I can come back to the scrapbooking!! I'm addicted!!!!

Hope all are having a good week. Again, Happy Birthday Jim!

Catch you later . . . .

No comments: