Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Family

It's been awhile since I've been on-line. Lots of things going on. I've been complaining that I've either had guests for the weekend or gone away for the last 5 -- had a friend tell me I was lucky to have somebody and someplace to go! Guess I should count my blessings. It still doesn't get my housework done.

Eons ago my family got together for a family reunion. My sister graciously volunteered to be the hostess. It was a particularly warm weekend but we had a great time. Jim & Mandy brought their new game. They made it! Jim constructed it, painted it, etc., while Mandy did the art work. It was a great job guys, and looks terrific. We all had a good time playing with it. We have the picture of the man and his game! Jim is a Cub fan (can't you tell). The families that came to the picnic are all from Minnesota. It would be my dad's side of the family and the only ones left are cousins. It was Mandy's first time with our extended family and she did great! Glee and I have been talking and are trying to get a date pinned down to get togther with our children and just have a nice lazy weekend. I'm sure Jim's new game and some different card games we all like will be included.

Both my family members and Glee's were able to attend. Brother Mark wasn't able to make it. Hopefully in another year all the Baade offspring can be there. We take turns hosting the reunion between Minnesota and Iowa. Next year it's in Minnesota. That's my nephew Mike sitting in the swing. I think he was waiting his turn at baggo! Mike is an elementary school teacher at Postville Elementary and the head basketball coach there. We're hoping to see him and his team on the floor of the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines this coming March. How cool would that be???

Nothing real exciting happening in Dubuque. We had Summer Fest last weekend. They close off the downtown main drag and bring in bands and a number of food vendors and the traditional beer wagon. The group I volunteer with had a food stand. We sold hamburgers and cheeseburgers on Friday noon and later that afternoon. Sounds like we did fairly well for our first outing in the hamburger business. It was a beautiful evening to be out and about. The rest of my weekend was fairly quiet. I caught up on some housekeeping items and did some scrapbooking.

I'm working on Barb's first years of her life and finding that we took quite a bunch of pictures. At the present I'm working on pictures we took when we visited Royal Gorge, Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods and the Air Force Academy in Colorado. I knew I liked that state! Brings back some nice memories.

I've been working at the reception desk at work some these past few weeks. My clerk decided she wanted more time off this summer so we cut her hours back to 10 a week. She works Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 - 1:00, so when she's not there I take the desk over the noon hour. It's an education. I can't believe some the needs out there in our communities. Makes a person wonder what will happen this winter when it gets cold and the prices of our goods and services continue to go up, up, up! We're currently working on budget items for the coming year. Hope we can squeeze out an increase for the Crew!!

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Nothing special planned. School will soon start around here. I have some errands I hope to run. Sweet corn is still out there so hope to get some of that, along with some homegrown tomatoes!! Love 'em.

Hope all are having a good week. Hang in there -- only a couple more days until the weekend gets here!!!



No comments: