Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Picture Swapping Weekend

It was a picture swapping weekend! I got a call from my girlfriend Marilyn in the middle of the week wondering what I was doing on Saturday and would I like to come up and check out pictures with her and my sister. The big decision was made to meet at Marilyn's house around 11:30 on Saturday morning. I had already put my pictures on a CD so ran some copies for both Glee and Marilyn. I'm not sure I did it the proper way but I got the pictures and you can get copies from the CD's I burned! That in itself was an accomplisment! One of the pictures I got was this one of my sister and I on the trail at Chasm Falls in Rocky Mountain National Park. Chasm Falls is on the Old Falls River Road and the day we were there that road hadn't been open a real long time!! It was beautiful! I picked up a CD called Rocky Mountain Suite and love listening to it when I'm looking at my pictures. You can hear the water falls, the birds and beautiful music!! I also burned a copy of the pictures from my sister and Marilyn and put them all together and made a screensaver for myself out of them. It's cool! It's especially cool when you have the Rocky Mountain Suite playing in the background. The other picture is Marilyn an I on the same trail -- compliments of my sister. I promised myself when I went out this last time that I was going to get more people pictures than scenery. I did pretty good, but the scenery is so beautiful it's hard not to take a lot of pictures.

Marilyn gave us a tour of her home and fed us. We had a good time checking out each other's pictures. Always fun going through pictures. I go down memory lane every time I open one of the books I'm working on in my scrapbooking projects!

Saturday morning I met Marilyn's sister and brother-in-law and picked up some peaches she had bought. My charge for the delivery was a half-dozen peaches. Boy are they good. Thanks Marilyn!

On the 4th of July we took an early morning walk around Lily Lake -- Glee and I had our picture taken together. Isn't the sky beautiful? The lake wasn't bad either. From there we went back into town and out for a delicious breakfast at a place called "The Egg & I." Good food!

On my way home Saturday I stopped at one of my sister's neighbors that sell produce and got some great tasting tomatoes! I miss a garden!! I had some great meals over the weekend and all included tomatoes.

The rest of the weekend was quiet. Talked to my children. That's always a nice thing to do. Read, watched movies, NASCAR and did some scrapbooking. Oh, I also got some much needed housework done!

Today I went into work a little early and got out some job openings and then took off for Waterloo with Bill to pick up a load of food. We have a food giveaway on Saturday. Waterloo had a lot of fresh produce but at the present time DALH doesn't have a place to store much of that kind of stuff. We did bring back dozens, and dozens, and dozens of eggs. Everyone will get 2 dozen on Saturday. That will be a treat for all our clients. Sounds like ham will be offered too. Breakfast!! I was lucky and found some shampoo for our hygiene product program at work. We loaded that all in the trunk of my car for delivery tomorrow morning. I also picked up a couple of other things but cases of shampoo was the biggie!!

Long weekend coming up -- Labor Day. How can we be that far into the year already? Time sure has a way of flying by. The advertisements on the radio lately have been about getting your house and car ready for winter. That I don't even want to think about. Although I've started a list for Christmas giving and have asked for the same from my family.

I have 2 important birthdays coming up. My son's is August 28th and daughter, Barb, celebrates September 5. Barb gave me some ideas for a gift but Jim hasn't come up with anything yet! Oh well, he has a couple days yet!!

I better go do something constructive around here. Thinking about turning on the air for a couple of hours. It's getting real warm in my 'craft' room!! Miss the tree outside the window!!

Hope your week is going the way you want it too. Take care all.

Later . . . .


No comments: