Tuesday, August 08, 2006

THEY'RE ENGAGED!

The happy couple! Jim proposed to Mandy over the
weekend and I wanted to share these pictures with you all. Jim planned the whole surprise for Mandy . . . he got a hold of both sides of the family and invited them to a surprise engagement party at Mr. C's in Omaha. He gave her her ring at one of the local parks and then brought her to Mr. C's to be surprised by the rest of us! And she was surprised! It was a great evening for all of us. I met most of Mandy's aunts and uncles, her grandparents, her mom & dad and their spouses. It was great!


I drove to Ankeny Saturday morning to meet Barb and stay there for the night. We left her house around 3:45 and made our way to the big city of Omaha. Neither of us were sure where the supper club was, but with Jim's directions we got there around 6:00 p.m. Jim had requested that Barbie get some flowers for Mandy so we picked them up earlier in the afternoon and brought them along. Mr. C's is a great place for a party! They have a beautiful courtyard, which we used later in the evening to take pictures. What a lot of new material for my scrapbooking! I've already ordered engagement stickers for some new pages for Jim's book! We took lots of pictures of the newly engaged couple but also took the time to get some of the family as well. Aren't we a happy looking bunch?!!

I've been busy the last couple of weeks. I think I've seen more of my family this past month than I have for the past year. Jim was here for a night when he came in for his dad's induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame - Umpires. He brought me a turntable for my stereo set. The next weekend he and Mandy were both here. They had a birthday party in Farley to attend and I got to babysit the dog! It was a good experence after me and Odie got to know one another. He's a cute dog!!! The next weekend Barbie was here -- we shopped, rearranged furniture in my spare bedroom, shopped, and spent Sunday with my sister and our families at a family reunion with our Minnesota relations. Jim & Mandy joined us. We had a great time even if it was really warm!!! Keeps me out of mischief.

Sounds like another warm weekend coming up. I got a 'new' air conditioner during the last bout of hot weather and noticed tonight that the one I have is making real strange noises! Hopefully they will go away, and the unit will work. I don't think I'll get through another weekend without air.

Stay cool all! Until next time . . . .

No comments: