Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall/Winter??


Fall is definitely here! And winter is right on it's coattails! I don't think we really had a fall this year. Maybe sometime in November!! I'm going to get tired of my winter clothes real soon.

I spent some time in the Ankeny/West Des Moines area over the past couple of days. I had a planners meeting on Tuesday and made the decision to drive down on Monday rather than get up at the crack of dawn on Tuesday morning. It was a good decision cuz I get to spend some time with my kids that way. I left Dubuque around noon and got to Barb's about 3:30 or close to it. She had the day off so was waiting for me -- opened the garage door for me and everything! Barb just recently bought a new car so we had to have a picture of her and her new purchase. It's really a pretty blue! Doesn't she look natural standing by it?? She does have the darnest luck though -- she was rear-ended one day last week! The car was a whole 8 days old (to her). The other car got her bumper. Her insurance agent is working on getting the repairs taken care of. Let's hope that's the last of any accidents!!

We did some shopping together. I also have some wonderful luck from time-to-time -- I only bought 3 things. I was counting my change when we left the checkout and we got about 5 checkouts away when Barb asked if I had my package -- of course I didn't pick it up thinking she had and she thought I had. We went back to the checkout and found no package. After explaining to the clerk what we were looking for she called her manager and I got 2 of the 3 things back. Obviously the lady behind me picked up my package by mistake. Hope she enjoys her 'free' stuff! I had picked up some Swifter pads for my scrubber, a sheet of vacation stickers and the new Toby Keith CD. There was no way I was going to get the stickers back as I had taken the last of them. She found the Swifter pads and the CD. The manager gave me back my money for the stickers and off we went. I really wished I had those stickers!!!

We went to Jim and Mandy's for supper. Their house looks so nice. Mandy did a great job of arranging furniture and decorating! Maybe I could talk her into doing something with my place!!?? As usual Odie greeted both of us. He really likes Barb! The decision had been made to go out for supper. Jim had an announcement before we left -- he accepted a new position with a local construction company and was extremely happy about that. So, we had something to celebrate. He will start his new position November 5th. I'm so happy for him and he seems pretty happy about it too! We had a great meal at Maxie's and then headed back to their house for a short visit.

I got a great picture of Jim and Mandy but for the life of me can't get it to post this morning. Sorry Mandy -- I'll get that on one of these days. But I did get a great picture of Jim and his dog and Barb with Odie. Like I said Odie likes Barb.

It's been a sad time for me the past few days. A very dear friend of mine had a stroke. It was a major one and has left him terribly ill. The last information we received was that he has lost his speech but has been able to use his right hand/arm. Sounds like the left side is what got hit the worst. Time will tell how much damage was done. I continue to keep him in my prayers and hope that you will too.

We have our all agency staffing this coming Monday. That always keeps me busy at work. Hopefully the majority of the copying can be completed today. I need to pick up some door prizes, etc., in the next couple of days. I'm going to set up most of my stuff on Sunday night so that I don't have to be at the site so early on Monday.

It's 7:17 a.m. so I best get something to eat before getting dressed. Sounds like it's a little warmer out there today than it has been. Hurray!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay warm!

No comments: