Thursday, October 05, 2006

Colds are the pits!

Well I'm still coughing and blowing my nose all the time. I'm getting real tired of coughing and blowing!! I'm just wondering how much longer this is going to go on. We have a number of people at work doing the same thing. When I talked to my son a couple of weeks ago he sounded terrible and the next day I started in. I thanked him for giving me his cold across the phone lines!! It's a very annoying cough -- it just won't give up. I've been using the meds the doctor gave me and some cough medicine I got the last time I was real sick (it probably isn't worth much but I think it works so . . . what the heck!). I'll give this another few days and then break down and call the doctor again.

We're in the middle of some insurance business at work. What a pain in the butt! Lots of questions and lots of misinformation has been given out to our employees. We had a gal in today that seemed to be able to answer the majority of our questions. Now to track down all the applications with the wrong infor on them. Insurance isn't the favorite part of my job.

Heard from my sister and she's real happy with her new job. I'm so happy for her. She won't be working weekends any longer and has shorter hours. Now if we could get my daughter a job without weekends we'd have a bunch of happy campers!!

I went to Waterloo/Cedar Falls yesterday to a workshop with the DALH group. Our truck is currently down so I drove. As usual, I got lost! We didn't have any problems getting to the hotel the workshop was at but got turned around when we were driving back into Waterloo to the food bank. I realized my mistake not very far down the road but then we had to backtrack and they have University all torn up so it took some time to get where I started out from. We got it figured out and were only a couple of minutes late to the next part of our meeting. I tell you I can get lost anyplace! Used to be I had a terrible time in Maquoketa (of all places) but lately it's been DeWitt. Must be the small town thing!!

Can't believe this weather. It can't make up it's mind -- maybe that's why we all have colds and coughs! I was hoping to go north last weekend and get some fall pictures but that didn't happen with not feeling well so I'm hoping to do that this weekend. I'll call you Glee when I get there!!

I'm still working on my scrapbooking projects. I don't think I'll get finished but I really do enjoy doing it. I can spend a lot of time looking through catalogs and on-line albums too. It's fun!!! I enjoy reading my magazines too. They give me some new ideas and I usually try them with a little bit of a different touch for my stuff. I have seriously given some thought to doing scrapbooking for other people. Barbie said they do it Des Moines. I'm so slow when I work on a page cuz I'm so picky about how everything goes . . . probably wouldn't make much money as it would take me so much time to finish a project. Have to give it a little more thought!!

I'm being lazy tonight. Did a load of wash and got that folded and put away. Got my jammies on already and am ready to watch the usual Thursday night TV. Survivor and CSI or Deal or No Deal. Glad that I have a VCR that works!

I'm hungry so better go grab something to eat. Wouldn't want to blow away!!

Take care all.


No comments: