Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!




Easter Greetings! I worked on this Sunday but couldn't get my pictures to copy and finally figured it out today. Senior Moment!


Such memories! It's been a long time since my children have been this little and that we dyed eggs. They seemed to be having a great time. And they really are cute!

I didn't go any where for Easter this year. I had planned to go to my daughter's but the weather sounded lousy (and it turned out very nice) and I guess what it boiled down to was I just didn't feel like the drive! Barbie had tickets to the Women's NCAA games in Des Moines. I did enjoy watched them on TV. I'm happy to say ISU won their first round game but couldn't quite get around Vivian and the Lady Knights. I'm sure Barb, Katie and Lauren enjoyed it anyway!

Jim & Mandy celebrated their 6th month anniversary. I'm hoping that we can find a weekend where everyone is in Des Moines and we can get together. I've yet to see Jim's house and anxious to see it. I also have a couple of packages for them . I need to do some personal shopping. Barb keeps telling me I need to buy some tops that fit and I guess maybe she's right. I also need a couple pair of dress pants for work and another pair of jeans. I love shopping, just don't like paying the bill!!

I spent Palm Sunday with my sister and her family. Beth's little guy is so cute. He's rolling all over the place and dearly loves my sister's celing fan in her dining room. It was fun being around a little one again. They grow so fast! We had a great dinner and did a lot of visiting. I took one of my latest scrapbook projects up for some proofing! I wanted a couple of opinions on how I had put my latest book together. Basically Glee and Beth thought it was okay and did find a couple of journeling errors that I too had found.

I've been working on books of Jim & Mandy's wedding. I have the one for Mandy's mom complete and am now working on one for Barbie. It gets easier every time I do one. I really do love scrapping! I'm in the process of getting an inventory together and hope to open a home business with a friend of mine. We're considering having a stand at the local Farmer's Market. Maybe not every weekend but every other or some such thing. Have to get in touch with the City and see what kind of arrangements can be made.

We are currently going through a federal review of our Head Start Program at work. It makes the tension a little heavier than usual. I've dug out more personnel files and answered a lot of questions regarding the files and my latest needs assessment. They'll be gone by Friday (thank goodness) and hopefully we can get back to normal.

I made an appointment to have my hair cut on Friday. Can't wait!! It needs a color job again too. Think I'll wait until it's curled and shorter!!

Well, since I made the pictures work I feel like I accomplished something. I've got the garbage drug out for the week and should probably conquer the kitchen. I've been real lazy lately! I've lost my appetite lately so don't eat much of anything but have a habit of cheese and crackers, etc. around 8:00. I don't always put everything away.

Doctor appointment this a.m. Had to go back and have some meds checked. I've been experiencing practically all the side effects listed on the bottle!! My doctor tells me they'll get better as my body adjusts to the medication. Hope so. Some days its rough but I think I can get through it. My numbers have been good lately and don't have to go back now until July. Yipee!!

I lead a very boring life. Just don't do much lately. Must be getting old. Hope this finds all well. I stopped at the Credit Union this afternoon to pick up some cash and the girls were telling me we can expect snow Thursday or Friday. I'm real tired of winter! One thing with snow this time of year it melts fast!! We still have a number of good sized piles hanging around Dubuque.

Take care all.

No comments: