Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm Back!

I have been reminded by a number of friends that they haven't read anything new on my blog for a while. Well -- it has been a while, like the first of the year. I guess I haven't had anything to share with anyone. Still don't.

Like I tell Barb & Jim, I'm boring! I haven't done much of anything since the holidays. Been sick. Does that count for doing something?? Obviously there's some kind of bug going around the Dubuque area, and New View in particular, that's been causing all kinds of illness. I spent 3 days at home and finally decided I better get my butt back to work. I'm don't know if what I had/have is the flu bug or a problem with a new medication I'm on. I have a doctor's appointment next week so will talk to him about it at that time.

I did do the doctor/blood work thing right after Christmas. My numbers are good. My blood pressure was up a little but I was also experiencing some discomfort with some stomach problems. Hopefully the next visit my pressure will be back to normal. The doctor wasn't real concerned so I'm not either. I'm fortunate that the meds I am on are on HyVee's $4.00 list. Sure saves a few bucks every month of the prescription bills!

It's been a winter of lots, and lots, and lots of snow. I think the count is up around 72 inches for our area. The worst snow in years! We had a couple of days when we didn't report into work cuz you just couldn't get there. We've also had our share of ice!! A lot of the school districts have had to call classes numerous times since the holidays. Now they have to make up that time. I'm thinking I'm glad I'm not a school administrator with weather like this. Spring is just around the corner, and it can't get here fast enough for me.

I'm still scrapping. I'm currently working on books of Jim & Mandy's wedding. I never do a book the same way so it gets interesting some times. One of my projects for this spring/summer is to organize my craft/bedroom. I've looked at some cool ways to organize but haven't gotten around to deciding on what I really want. Plus I keep thinking I should probably look for a different place. One with less steps!!!

Jim & Mandy moved into their new home in January and I didn't get there. I have to admit the snow makes a big chicken out of me. I'm always afraid I'm going to run into someone or they into me. I'm looking forward to spending a weekend in the Des Moines area soon and getting to see the house and their pets. Well and Jim & Mandy too! Pictures they've posted on their blog look great and can't wait to see the original thing.

I'm planning on spending Easter with Barbie. Jim & Mandy are going away for the weekend but Barb will be home. She has tickets to the NCAA tournament on Saturday and Monday but will be home the rest of the time. I think I'll go down on Friday afternoon and come home sometime Sunday afternoon. UNLESS there's a snowstorm!! And that's not impossible either!! But that's the plan for now. Barb took a vacation in January and I'd love to see the pictures. It was one of those WARM places!!

That's about it for me. Told you I was pretty boring!! Maybe better weather I'll get going and do something again. My scrapping keeps me occupied and I love it. My friend Betsy and I are still organizing so that we an get an at-home business going with scrapping and card making. Wish us luck.

Take care all.

No comments: