Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just another day . . .

First of all, how do you like the blog? Thanks to Mandy I now feel like I too am in the 21st century. She did such a great job on the first one, that I asked her to make the change on this one. I'm impressed. I love it! Thanks for the long-distance fix Mandy!!

I read Jim & Mandy's blog before I do much of anything. Gives me ideas and reminds me that I need to continue to write in mine more often. So here goes . . .

I complain all the time that I'm boring (and I think I am) but I did finally DO something this weekend. I and a friend went to the local production of Beauty and the Beast. They did a great job and I enjoyed it very much. Local productions are put on in the Grand Opera House. The Grand was originally a theatre and I can still remember going there to watch movies. One that sticks in my mind is the Dean Martin films where he was a super sleuth!! Anybody else remember them?? The next production is Peter Pan and I may pass on that one. Depends if anyone asks me or not!!!!

I spend the majority of my time in my spare bedroom doing what I love -- scrapping!! My sister says it is no longer a hobby but an obsession! Probably!! As of late I've finished a number of projects in record time. My biggest expense seems to be my ink. I have the majority of my pictures all scanned and in my computer or on CD's, but when I work on a project I change the size of some of the pictures. I finished a baby book for my niece (her Christmas present 2007), another baby book for my sister (Grandma brag book) and a Christmas book for a gift for the upcoming holidays. I've found a place on-line that has some of the cutest stickers and emblishments and have added to my current collection of that. I did a book of Jim & Mandy's wedding for Mandy's mom, Jackie, and she was so gracious when she gave me a thank you card and added a gift card to Michael's and now I'm itching to use it. I asked Mandy if she wanted a black/white album or one with some color. She gave a very nice compliment and said to go ahead and do whatever cuz she likes my work. (Tell your friends, etc., as I'm trying to get a business started on the side with scrapbooking!!) Anyway, my project right now is a complete book for Mandy and Jim. This one could take some time. I have pictures of the engagement party (everyone has their copy of that), Mandy's shower in Dubuque (copy of that to the bride) and am now working on the wedding day itself. I have all kinds of shots of the rehersal supper (compliments of my daughter -- she took lots of pictures) and lots and lots of snapshots and wedding pictures from the photographers and family to work with for the before wedding fun (getting dressed, etc.) through the service, after the service, pictures at the park and the reception. I also have some pictures Mandy forwarded to me of their honeymoon. I told both Mandy and Jim this will be at least a 2 book project and probably 3!!! I can never decide which picture to put where and they had so many good ones taken of their wedding day. I'm excited about it.

It's fair time in Dubuque County and for the first time in over 15 years I am not going to work there. I just can't get up enough ambition to go to work for 8-9 hours, and then hike out to the fairgrounds and stand out in the middle of a parking lot and direct traffic. I'm sure the fair will continue without me. I already miss the people I worked with on this project but to be truthful my health just won't permit me to do that anymore. I might sneak out some evening just to say hi! I always worked the paid lot and know that Kevin will probably let me come in 'free' for a short visit with those that are there.

I gave in last week and went to the doctor. I just haven't been feeling very well. Been taking time off from work hoping that whatever has a hold on me will give up and leave my system but that hasn't been working either so . . . off to the doctor. We had a long talk and as usual they wanted some of my blood. I stopped in Friday on my way to work and gave them some. I have a beauty of a bruise to prove it!! I have an awful time giving blood for testing and my nurse is now used to me and my problems. This time she used a butterfly needle and took it out of my forearm. Hurt, but we only had to do it once!! Results came back on Monday. I'll live until I'm at least 60 years old!!!

Actually my C1A came back at 6.8 (down from 7.3), my blood pressure was a little high (130/80), my cholesterol is at 130, I've lost 11 pounds and all the other junk they tested for came back fine. So what is my problem??? Stress! They told me it is stress! Well, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with the dizziness, the stomach aches and headaches, cuz I can't afford to quit this job!! Life goes on . . . .

We have a family reunion scheduled for this coming Sunday at my sister's. There are not many left on this side of the family. This would be my grandmother's side (or Dad's). Only people left are cousins and the majority of them are getting up in years. Unfortunately my children won't be able to attend. I wished they could, but they too have other things planned for this weekend. Barbie is on vacation and Jim & Mandy have a conflict. It's kinda fun sitting and talking to these folks as they tell a lot of stories about my Grandmother Baade and my Dad. Interesting, but boring for my kids!! Always plenty of food . . . .

Sorry no pictures this time around. Although I've been looking through some old pictures and find some I'd like to put on here but I'm at work at the present time so guess they'll just have to wait.

Speaking of work, I should probably get back at it. I'm working on our quarterly newsletter. Trying to come up with some activities that our Dubuque office has done in the past 3 months and upcoming events we have planned. Doesn't sound all that difficult but when you sit down and try to do it . . . I have a Senior Moment!!

Catch you all later . . . .

No comments: