Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Reunions

I attended a family reunion over the weekend. All at once I'm one of the oldest in my family! That's scary!!! My sister, Glee and her husband, Ron, hosted the Klingerman family at their home on Sunday. The Klingerman's would be my dad's side of the family. My Grandma Baade originally came from southern Minnesota so . . . a lot of family are still in that area. They live around the Rochester area and beyond. The numbers are dwindling . . . less every year. All that's left are cousins. Every other year the gathering is in Iowa so next year we'll make the trip to Minnesota. It's an interesting day. You never know for sure who's coming but know that there will be plenty of food and lots of visiting.

Glee's children were there. I enjoyed spending some time with Jackson. He's such a darling little boy. He's so good with a bunch of strangers! We kinda passed him around for a bit in the afternoon. My brother, Mark and his wife, Sandie, were also able to be there. That was a plus. We don't see much of each other and they only live in Cedar Falls. Sandie and Mark are anxiously awaiting news of their first grandchild. Son Nick, and his wife are expecting any day now. Actually she's overdue so . . . we're all waiting to hear the news. Hopefully soon, Danielle was due July 7th. Nick and Danielle are stationed in Virginia. Nick's in th Navy and in and out of port. I can't remember the last time I saw him!!! Brother Josh and his wife, Keeley are also expecting so it's a lively time in their household at the present. Josh and Keeley's little bundle should arrive sometime in August!!

It's kinda fun getting together with relation you don't see very often. We talk a lot about old times when Grandma was still here. We also bring each other up-to-date on what all our famlies are doing. Lots of cousins in Minnosta that we don't see often at all. But their parents, or grandparents fill us in when we get together.

Mark & Sandie stayed a little later and we 5 all had a good visit. Hopefully we can all get back together soon, with our children, and have a real Baade family reunion!!!

I'm hard at work on a scrapbook for Jim & Mandy of their wedding. I do so love scrapping. I spend a little time everyday of the week on something associated with scrapping and the weekends I usually try and get X amount of pages done on whatever project I'm working on. Jim's wedding is so much fun to work on. It's like re-living the whole thing again. So many pictures were taken. Some extremely good pictures and I can't seem to decide which to scrap so end up with lots and lots of pictures. All of them are great memories

It's very humid in our area these days. I put the air on in the morning so that I can do something when I get home at lunch or for the evening hours. I usually end up shutting in down around 8:30 or so and use my tower fan the kids got me for Mother's Day. Sounds like the humidity is going to be around the majority of the week. Fair time. It's always warm for fair!!

I best get something done around here. Hope all have a good week. Talk to you soon!!

No comments: