Sunday, December 28, 2008

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Another Chicken!!!

The Sass/Foels Families


Another Chicken!!
Our Children


We got a duplicate!!



The Foels Family

Barb & I!


Greetings to all! Hope everyone has recovered from the Christmas holiday! Or in my case the first round of the holiday. Jim & Mandy weren't able to be with us this year as it was their turn to be with Mandy's family so . . . I'm heading in their direction later in the week to spend some time with them and Barb and open some more presents!

Barb got here safely on Wednesday afternoon. I already had all my stuff packed and downstairs so we could pack it up and take off. Glee had told me to take 128 instead of 65 (gravel) and we shouldn't have any problems. She was right! The worst part of the journey was the road past their place and that wasn't that bad either!

Everyone was waiting for us. Why does that always happen? Jackson had just gotten up from a nap and wasn't the most friendly of kids but that soon changed! What a cutie!! He sure had a good time. I'm not sure he completely understands what all the packages were about but he had a ball with the paper. Grandma gave him a big tractor that he could push around and did that!! I think he finally ran down around 9:00 - 9:30! That's really late for him. The rest of us made it past midnight, but not very far. Beth had to work Christmas Day so they went home and the rest of us ate more food, watched a little TV and headed up the stairs for bed!
As you can see we did the traditional 'kids in front of the tree' pictures. Added a few adults to all the pictures. But they're great memories! It was the usual gifts -- chickens, chickens, chickens!! I gave one of mine to Glee and another to Mike, but as you can see I received two new ones back! Can't get rid of the darn things. Wait until next year. Ron got the dreaded black cat! It was fun and as always we laughed a lot, ate too much and basically had a wonderful time.
Glee had a great brunch on Christmas Day. We played some cards and checked over all our gifts from the night before. Barb and I took off around 2:00 or so. Bad weather was predicted for late that afternoon and into the evening. Barb was planning on staying in Dubuque until today so the weather worked out well. The ice last night gave me a scare but roads were good when she left today for home. She arrived without an incident so all are bad where they belong!! For now!!
Barb and I did some shopping on both Friday and Saturday. It rained a lot around here on Saturday and then turned to fog, ice and snow. But as I said, the roads were good when she left this afternoon. We did some cleaning and organizing of my storage closet. Turned the mattress in my room (hard job to do alone), watched some Christmas movies and just visited a lot. It was great having her here for the length of time that I did. I love having my kids home!!!
Best wishes to all for the holiday season. Here's hoping 2009 is good to all. Lots more adventures and journey's for all of us. God Bless.

No comments: