Monday, December 29, 2008

More Christmas!

I just had to add some more pictures from Christmas. We had such a great time watching Jackson enjoy the whole thing. He's such a cute little guy. Everything is a tractor and 'oh-oh' is his favorite thing to say! Grandma got him the tractor and he loved every minute of the time he played with it. It came with a wagon but he couldn't quite maneuver as well as he wanted so basically let it sit under Mike's chair. Another toy was a baseball game with lots of buttons and noises. His Dad helped him with that one. He was getting pretty good by the time another new toy came on the scene. Jim & Mandy got him a car lamp from "CARS" and he was bound and determined that he was going to play with that 'tractor.' Beth finally hid it and he kept crawling up on the chair trying to find it. That was certainly a hit as far as gifts were concerned. And he only fell off the chair once!
Barb got a very uniquely wrapped gift. She had no clue what was under the paper. Turned out to be a snake for her flower garden. Beth, Glee and I went to a craft fair in Dubuque and found the snakes and some bird feeders. Ron got the bird feeder and Glee got Barb the snake! It'll certainly add something to her garden next summer. A conversation piece if nothing else!
Every year we say we're going to cut down on packages or expenses. From this picture you'd think we bought out the stores, but it's really not as bad as it looks. I very seldom wrap anything that doesn't have a box. I just can't get the wrapping paper around something if it doesn't have solid sides. Glee is an exception as she wraps a number of things to their shape!! We also have a lot of 'gag' gifts that keep appearing on Christmas Eve. The numbers just keep getting bigger every year! Sure is fun watching people open them. I got to the point where I checked everything carefully hoping a chicken wasn't going to pop out at me.
I'm looking forward to being in Ankeny/Urbandale over the weekend. Plans are to leave early Wednesday afternoon. I've taken the afternoon off so I can drive during the daylight hours and it's not supposed to snow on Wednesday. Last forecast I saw said snow for Thursday, Friday and now Saturday. Barb, Jim & Mandy may have a houseguest longer than they really want one! I was told to bring my books and my laptop so amuse myself while they have other things to do. I'm hoping to be able to go to the local craft store in Ankeny. It's a great store and I'd love to just spend some time browsing! The snow can come after we're all home from our holiday celebrations! Like February!!!
It's Bowl Week. I know Barb's checking games on the time as she's in a pool. The only one I'll really sit down and watch is probably the Outback Bowl as the Hawkeyes are playing. They play early in the day so I'll have to get up that morning! Actually I enjoy football, high school, college and professional. One of these days I'm going to get to go to a professional game and watch my team play! Go Colts!!!
Well, my tummy says it's time to eat. I have chili defrosting in the microwave so I best get to it. It just seemed like a chili day to me. And it'll make great leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Everyone take care. Be careful where you step out there. I had an employee fall on the icy sidewalk this morning -- another workman's comp claim!!

No comments: