Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's January . . .

It's definitely January -- cold, cold, cold! It's supposed to warm up this weekend and then I suppose it'll snow next week! Oh well, we live in Iowa and what can you expect???

Nothing exciting has happened of late. I ordered a bunch of pictures through a Wallgreen promotion (sure saves on my printer). I've just finished my book of our Colorado trip in 2007. I'm a little behind. But I certainly enjoy scrapbooking and am still considering trying to start a business with my obsession!!!

Beth sent a bunch of pictures of Jackson so now I can work with babies again. I've started a collection of little girl stickers, quotes, etc. so I'll be ready to scrap when Baby C arrives! I'm looking forward to that event, plus the fact that the weather should be warmer by that time. At least I hope so.

Our Head Start review is this coming week. I've been checking and double checking on my files and inputting everything I can get my hands on. I hope this all goes well. It certainly doesn't help a person sleep at night.

I finally got my tree down. Or most of it! The ornaments are all sitting on the kitchen table and the box is still sitting in the middle of the living room floor. That's this weekend's project. Putting everything back and re-arranging my living room.

Have a food giveaway on Saturday. Looking forward to that. Bill will be there. Or at least I hope he will. It's always fun to touch base with him again. He appears to be getting weaker every time I see him. But he's still able to walk, feed himself, take care of himself and that's more than half the battle. We usually go out for breakfast and have a nice talk.

Got my hair cut last week. It was really getting long again. Guess we'll try a body perm the next time it needs cutting. The way I go it'll be July before that happens!!

Like I said nothing special has happened. It's almost Friday and it's PAYDAY. Guess I'll go do some grocery shopping tomorrow night and then finish my Christmas putaway!!!

Stay safe & warm!!

No comments: