Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New furniture

My new furniture arrived on Friday morning around 11 a.m. To say the least I was very excited. It's so much fun arranging a room with new stuff. I worked it out at work that I could finish a couple projects at home so that I didn't have to go back to work after receiving the new stuff. That was cool!

I'm very happy with the colors that Barb helped me choose. My sofa is a camel, a little on the gold side. The recliner is wine with some khaki in it so it matches the sofa coloring and also goes along well with my glider/rocker. That's forrest green with kahaki. I'm very happy with my choices. Of course, now I need to get some new curtains, pillows and decide what to do with the tables, etc., that I have. But that's part of the fun of getting new furniture.

I'm also in the middle of pushing furniture around in my second bedroom. I want to move my table away from the window so that I can have them open when it's nice out. Of course now it'll get good and hot and I'll have to use the A/C anyway, but I'm still going to change it for the summer months. My futon also needs some new pillows and accents to make it look a little more homey.

I'm still looking into different places to move. My leg is much better and I can almost walk without the cane. The weather has something to do with my movements, but I'm bound and determined not to have to use the cane! I am currently at the office with it sitting outside in my car. I'm afaid I'll have to use it tonight when I get home to get up the steps but once there I can again discard it. So that's improvement.

We have a couple of openings at work so that's keeping me busy. Lots of phone calls regarding the jobs. Hopefully that means lots of applications! Unfortunately fall is approaching faster than any of us want it to. We're already working on projects for August/September.

Jim & Mandy's 4th of July Bash is coming up. I'm looking forward to that. I have Friday off for that weekend so I can get ahead start on my weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun. Mandy's family is very easy to get along with and last year's party was great so . . . I don't expect anything less of this year. Best ask Mandy if I can bring anything other than myself and something to eat!! I might be able to help in some way. I'm also looking forward to spending some time with Charlotte, as I'm sure the rest of the families are too. She's changing daily. They grow so fast when those first few months!

A shopping trip is planned for later in July with my sister, my niece and my great nephew and daughter. I'm also looking forward to that. I don't know that we'll get a lot of shopping in but I know we'll have a great time!! I always have fun with my sister. She's planning a party by the creek for sometime this summer too. That should be interesting!! And fun.

I best get back to work. Have a newsletter to finish and a whole bunch of unemployment papers to finish. Have a good week all!

1 comment:

Barb said...

No picture of the new furniture? Can't wait to see it. Looking forward to seeing you soon. By the way, nice pic of you and Charlotte.