Friday, April 02, 2010

Early Easter


Grandma & Jackson headed for the deck and blowing bubbles!


Jackson chasing bubbles!


Jackson trying to blow his own bubbles!


Grandma reading Jackson's new book.


Betsy, Jackson and new baby Tristan!



This video is of Jackson getting ready to go home. After it was decided it was time to go he picked up his toys, put them in his backpack and told everyone he was going home with Mike! He's 2 1/2 and at such a cute age. He was our entertainment for the day.

We celebrated Easter early this year. We were hoping that Jim, Mandy and Charlotte could join us but when I planned the date I didn't know they had already obligated themselves to Jayke's 5th birthday party. Check out their blog. Looks like they had a great time. We missed them.

Dinner was scheduled for around noon. Everyone got there a little earlier than I anticipated so we had some deviled eggs (a special Easter plate just for the eggs) and some cheese and crackers. Jackson was a big help. He drug bottles and cans into the kitchen when everyone was finished. He even dragged his Papa in once. I just didn't understand what he was saying so he went and got Ron. Ron had told him that he came to eat a lot of ham. Jackson told him "I get it!" and of course, I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me. Sorry about that Jackson. He makes a great waiter!

Dinner was good. Baby Tristan decided that was the time to fuss otherwise he slept through the whole day. I didn't even get my picture taken with him. We were going to take family pictures too, but since he was such a little sleepy head we've decided to do them at Tristan's baptism. I haven't got a new family picture of the Foels' yet this year.

I had an Easter basket for Jackson and gifts for the new mommy and baby. Jackson had a great time opening everyone's goodies. One of his gifts was bubbles and he enjoyed them immensely. I imagine Karsten and Beth have too since they got home. It was fun watching him run around. He's such a talker! Like I said, he was our entertainment for the day.

We watched ISU play UConn in the NCAA tournament. It was a bad game, but we watched it almost to the end. Everyone got hungry so we ate before it was over. Maybe in another year ISU can not run into a team like the UConn Huskies! They are awesome!

We spent the afternoon visiting. Jackson and Karsten watched a couple of cartoons. Lady and the Tramp was a favorite. Actually I think Karsten watched the movie after Jackson got bored!

It was great getting back together again. Sent home baskets with Barb for Jim, Mandy and Charlotte. Hope we can all do this again some time soon.

Barb came on Friday evening already. She let me sleep-in on Saturday morning. I'm still recovering from my episode with the flu. She got me up around 10 and had already taken all the boxes downstairs, cleaned up some cans and was ready to go to the redemption center with pop and beer cans. We got that done. Picked up our ham, ate lunch, went shopping for Charlotte and got some groceries. By then I was ready for a nap! Barb spent Saturday evening with her Dad and Linda. I got eggs ready, put all my stuff in my new billfold and played with my new phone.

Barb bought me a billfold for Mother's Day and after seeing what my old one looked like, gave it to me early. It's great Barb. She also got me a new cell phone. It's very much different than what I'm used to, but I'm getting the hang of it. I actually texted her while she was out and it worked! Imagine that!!

Hey Barb, putting the 100 watt bulb above the sink didn't work. Guess I better go out and buy some smaller watted ones! Another job for the 'to do' list. Barb did so many things for me this weekend. I was so behind in a lot of things. The last month has been a rough one, but I'm feeling much better. Went to the doctor last Tuesday and all my numbers are good. Some could be better, but he didn't yell at me!! And I actually lost 4 lbs. Wow!!

Happy Easter to everyone! The weather has been great! Except for this afternoon. I had the patio doors wide-open and it started to pour! I had water all over the floor! But it sure smelled good.

Take care all!


No comments: