Sunday, April 06, 2014

Nice Weekend

I had a very nice weekend.  My sister was here to visit.  I enjoy my time with her.  She makes me laugh, she makes me think, she's make me realize what a great family I have.  Thanks Glee.

Glee got her late Friday afternoon.  I ended up working extra hours on Friday so afraid she would beat me 'home.'  Friday morning before I left for work I put an extra key where she could find it and left a note on how to get the TV on, into the computer, etc.  All that important junk!!!  Well, I beat her here.  And let me tell you we had a terrible time getting the tape off the key later!  I was in such a hurry to get to work after taking care of the key and all that I forgot to get anything out for supper.  We sat down and came up with a plan for the weekend . . . which included starting out with going out for supper.  Good plan!  We went to Texas Roadhouse, and didn't even have to wait.  Food was good and conversation was even better.  Came home and watched a little T, got the bed ready and had a good evening.

Plan was to sleep in (which we did), eat a later breakfast, go shopping, and pick something up for a late dinner/supper.  We had an honest-to-goodness breakfast (cooked by me!!).  Tasted good too.  Glee helped me get rid of some garbage and move a couple things around.  Always nice to have help.  The State is working on Highway 20 between Wal-mart and Century Drive (if you're familiar with Dubuque) but we were heading to Hobby Lobby and the redemption center first so the construction is on the west side of the road so didn't bother us.  I was at my usual best this weekend . . . parked near the entrance door and the first thing I did was try to get in the exit door!  Started my day off real well!!!  We stopped off at Hobby Lobby and browsed a bit.  We both found a few things, nothing special.  Next stop was Target.  Glee had a list of places she wanted to go and that was the first place on her list.  We did a lot of browsing at whatever store we were in.  Had fun doing it too.  We went to Joann's (Glee is a quilter and was looking for some books and possible material).  From there we headed out to Bed, Bath & Beyond.  I like that store.  I like to just walk around and look.  I had a feeling something else was going to happen before the end of the day and it did.  I drove and as we were leaving the store realized I didn't have my car keys (which also includes on the key ring:  my house keys, my office keys, the building keys, mailbox keys and basically my life to get in and out of anything that's important to me).  Thought maybe I left them in the car so walked back there, but the car was locked and no keys hanging in the ignition.  Went back into the store and check near a chair I had sat down in but nothing there either.  Stopped at the counter and asked, and sure enough there they were.  Thank you, thank you!  By this time my left foot and right knee were starting to give me fits (they hurt), but we continued to Hy-Vee for groceries and Glee made a quick trip into Michael's.  We had already decided we wanted salads from Culver's for supper so stopped in and picked that up and headed home.  The majority of goals were completed!  Popped the Hunger Games into the DVD player and watched that until is was time for the basketball games to begin.  Can't say that my team won and to be truthful I didn't even see the end of the Wisconsin/U-Conn game.  I was tired!!!

We did some more sleeping in this morning and then headed out to Mernard's to do some shopping for Mike's bathroom.  Glee got all the information on the phone from Karsten.  I think she did pretty good.  Took us a bit to get someone to wait on us (they were extremely busy in the department we were in) but we picked up a bunch of stuff for that bathroom.  Ended the morning/afternoon with getting Glee's car washed.  Mine is on schedule to be done tomorrow!!  Went back to the grocery store and picked up some stuff from the deli for lunch.  Came home, ate and got Glee packed up to head back to NE Iowa!  I hope she had as good a weekend as I did.  Like I said before, I enjoy spending time with my sister!!

Next weekend we're celebrating Easter with my family.  Barbie will be here.  I like having her come home too.  My brother and his wife will be joining Barb and I, along with Beth, Karsten & boys and Mike and Kari for dinner at Glee & Ron's.  Should be fun.  Wished that my son and his family could be here too but a trip to Iowa from Georgia is a bit expensive for an Easter dinner.  Maybe some other time!!

I intended to work on some scrapbooking this afternoon after Glee left but a nap beat me out of the time.  It was a good nap!  Scrapbooking can be done tomorrow after work.

Nice weekend.  Later . . .
 

No comments: