Monday, March 31, 2014

Is Spring Almost Here?

Yesterday was a beautiful day . . . can we hope that spring is here! 

I just saw the forecast for the upcoming week and there is a possibility of SNOW on Friday again.  I know it won't stay, but I'm so tired of winter.  I'm ready to wear my sandals everyday to work!  To not have to wear a coat (hate wearing a coat).  And green will be my favorite color for a while.  I love spring when the lawns come back to life and the trees bud out and we have beautiful trees with their full foliage.  A time of re-birth! 

Had a wonderful surprise on Saturday . . . my sister came to visit.  We took in the craft fair at the Grand River Center.  It was a real nice show.  Both of us left with something.  I found something for Charlotte for her birthday.  There was a surprise birthday party for her and her cousins over the weekend in Omaha which I didn't get to but can send her gift along with a few Easter goodies in the mail.  Omaha in a day (coming and going) is just too much travel for this old lady.  I could have gone down Saturday and stayed with Barb, but the party wasn't scheduled until 3:00 p.m. on Sunday and it would have been one late night for me and have to confess I'm not real thrilled about driving a long distance at night.  Will get to spend some time with the whole family on Mother's Day this year.  Have my ticket . . . ready to go and have some fun!

I spent some more time over the weekend working on a couple of projects for a friend.  Her granddaughters are all in dance and she asked me to make up a book for each of them.  She said she always sends flowers, etc., for their recitals, etc., and thought a book for each of them would be a nice memory.  I'll try and take some pictures of them and post later.  It's certainly something that I really enjoy making.  I sent home 2 books with Glee over the weekend.  I found a tutorial on-line on how to make the complete book, cover, binding, pages!  The first couple were a little slow but now it doesn't take me that long.  Have also expanded into some bigger size books.  Maybe if I get my butt in gear I can join a couple of the bigger local craft fairs this fall.  Have lots of ideas now to just tackle them!

My NCAA brackets sure took a beating.  I was doing okay until this weekend.  I'm out.  I had Iowa State going all the way to the championship game (was kinda hoping that would happen).  They had a great year and have a number of their players coming back for the next season.  Go Clones!!  I think Jim is the only one left with a possible winner in my group.  WTG Jim, now let's see if Florida can survive.

Christmas pictures . . . I have to post some of our pictures from our family fun day.

My beautiful grandchildren - family Christmas party.


 Our traditional family in front of the tree!

 Tristan got a Buzz Lightyear & Jackson helped him get it out of the package!

 Mike got his Mom a bike helmet, Glee added the visor!

 Mike got golf accessories!

 Beth got a housewarming gift from Barb!

 Great picture of Jackson & his new toy!
 Karsten & Ron got LED stocking caps!  Cool!

 Barb got me a new billfold.  Needed that one!
 Mike with two of his very favorite little people in the world!

 Santa's Helpers . . . Mike & Kari.

 The Sass/Foels Clan

 My tree & fireplace in my new home.

 The cousins . . . my how they've grown!

 Ron's special shirt.

 The black cat returned Christmas 2013.

Jackson & Tristan & the tree (someplace).
Oliver introducing Santa to his Mickey!

My son and his wife and children weren't able to make it back to Iowa for Christmas 2013 but Mandy posted some of these pictures on Facebook and I couldn't leave them out of my pictures.  I love the one of Oliver showing Santa his Mickey.  

I started this post with spring and ended with Christmas.  I think I have my seasons mixed up.  Hope you enjoyed the picture show!

Later . . .

No comments: