Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Leavin' On A Jet Plane!!

Yep!  That's exactly what I'm going to do . . . tomorrow evening around 5:00 p.m. my daughter Barb and I will be heading to Atlanta, GA.  I'm going to spend my first Mother's Day in absolutely ages with all my children (sounds like a TV show) and my grandchildren.  For my mother's day gift from Barb I received my plane ticket to go and visit my kiddos in Georgia.  I'm starting to get really excited about the trip. 

Of course about the time we leave Iowa it's supposed to get nice and warm (finally), but hopefully that kind of weather will still be around when we come back.  It's just a long weekend but it's going to be great seeing my family.  Mandy said the weather outlook for Atlanta and surrounding areas is for rain, but I think it'll be warm rain (if any).  I'm just glad that I get to go.  It'll be so much fun seeing the grands.  Oliver wasn't really talking much when they left so it should be interesting.  It'll probably take a little time for both of them to remember me . . . hopefully not too long.  Pictures will be coming . . .

I'm so bad about putting anything on here lately.  My families got together for Easter a week early.  Glee hosted us for a great dinner on the Saturday before Palm Sunday.  Mark and Sandie were able to come and Glee's kids were all there too.  Barb came home to help celebrate (and get some stuff packed for me for the trip).  We had a fantastic dinner and great conversation at the dinner table.  The Easter Bunny came early for Jackson and Tristian.  They both showed me their Easter baskets (which they had hidden behind the sofa in the living room) as soon as we arrived.  Both were more than happy to share some of their goodies.

After dinner Mark went outside and 'hid' the eggs that Glee had filled for the boys for an Easter Egg Hunt.  It was a beautiful day to sit outside and enjoy the weather and watching the boys run around looking for their eggs.  They had a blast!

Got some nice pictures for memories and want to share them with anyone who reads this and for me as a memory.

 We don't get together a lot so this was a good time to get a picture
of my brother and sister too.  Look at all that gray hair!
   


 At least we're all looking toward the camera!

 Billy joined us for a visit.  That would be Karsten, Ron & Sandie enjoying
the sun and conversation!

 Mike with his two favorite little people in the whole-wide world.
Jackson & Tristan.
 Jackson was counting his eggs and candy and shared with Sandie.
Karsten was trying to decide if he should try a 'beggin' strip' of Bill's.
 Mike & Kari were with us.  Kari's busy using her phone while Mike
is probably watching the antics of the boys.
The little people weren't the only ones that got Easter gifts.  Sandie
made these eggs and brought dozens for us to choose from.
I love the color purple and these looked great in my basket.

We all had plenty to eat, lots of good conversation and just plain fun!  It was a very nice day spent with my family (unfortunately minus Jim, Mandy, Charlotte & Oliver).  Maybe next year.  We could all travel to Georgia for Easter!  What do you think?

No comments: