Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I did exactly what I wanted on Memorial Day weekend . . . nothing! I said that I wasn't going any place and I didn't. I stayed home and enjoyed my time off and scrapped. I did do some cleaning and am happy to say that I'm able to do some walking without the cane. I must be getting better.

It's still hard to get up out of a chair without the help of the cane, steps are still a problem, but I did go up and down them here a couple of times when I did some laundry. I was pretty proud of myself. I got my summer quilt out for my bedroom and put my winter stuff away. Believe me some times that takes me forever to go from one season to the other. I think maybe spring/summer might be here. Hope so.

I had made plans to spend some time with a friend of mine that's back in Dubuque but it just wasn't our weekend to connect. We're trying for the upcoming one. I have food giveaway Saturday morning and she has a recital to attend for her granddaughters so we're hoping for Sunday morning brunch! Sounds good to me! She's doing the cooking.

I've been collecting pictures of Charlotte. Jim & Mandy have helped a lot. Jim burned a bunch for me when I was last down at their place. I'm working on a book for my sister of her little grandson, but when I'm finished with that I really want to start on something for Jim & Mandy. Mandy has requested that I leave the journeling to her and Jim. She was a little worried about asking me about that, but it's not a problem for me. There are times when I sit here in front of my computer trying to think of something cute or something that makes sense for some of the pictures I scrap. I've already been thinking about different ways to put the journeling boxes in the book. Hope they like it. I know that I will enjoy every minute of doing the book.

I've been taking advantage of Walgreen's specials for 4x6 pictures. Every time they have one I order pictures that I want for my books. Charlotte has so many of them and she is such an easy subject to take pictures of. Check out Jim & Mandy's blog and watch the video of her smile! She is so precious.

This is a short week at work. Next long weekend won't be until July 4th. And by then half the summer is gone. I have no special plans for vacation this year as I really don't have a lot of time built up. I've taken sick leave and annual leave for my problems with my knee and leg and had a bout with the flu earlier this spring. I want to go back to Charleston one of these years. When Barb lived down there we took some time and did some sightseeing, but there's a number of things I want to do again and new things that I didn't get to. Gotta have a goal -- so this maybe my goal for a vacation. Colorado is always my most favorite place. Some of my family are going in June, but with my knee problem I decided it might be best to pass on this trip. Maybe next year. Or at least I hope next year. I truly do love it out there. It's so beautiful!!

One of my favorite products is being showcased on QVC so I best spend some time watching it. I love the 'temp-tations' line they have occasionally. I've a few pieces and just love them. Maybe I can find something else to put on my wish list.

Hope all have a good week. CU!

No comments: