Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas is Upon Us!

I definitely am getting old . . . where did 2010 go? We have 5 weeks before Christmas and 6 before this year is over. It went pretty darn fast for me, what about you?

Had a great Thanksgiving. Hope all of you did too. Barb came up to see her dad and spent Thursday afternoon with me. I bought a new Christmas tree this year and had the majority of it put together when she got here, but she was a big help in finishing off the top and putting on the garland and beads. I bought a pre-lit tree. It took me a couple of days to get my old one together and then string the lights. And of course I always had one or two strings of lights not work! Sometimes after they were on the tree. I got a 7 foot, pre-lit tree. I can't believe the difference in size. My old one (which was a beautiful tree) had a circumstance of about 5 feet, this one has one of 3 feet plus. Fits into any place I want it real nice. I couldn't get all my ornaments up but I picked out my favorites and got them on the tree. I haven't figured out what to do with the top yet, so we ended up with a big red bow. It isn't my angel but will do for right now.

I made the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We had turkey, potatoes, gravey, corn, cranberries, hot rolls, relish and choclate pudding for dessert. Barbie doesn't like pumpkin so I made something chocolate! Actually we had pudding pops with whipped topping!! But it served it's purpose. Dressing isn't one of Barb's favorites so I didn't make any of that either. Actually I was going to make pumpkin bars but got up Thursday morning and discovered I didn't have enough sugar -- thank goodness for Walgreen. They had everything I needed. I had started decorating my tree on Wednesday night and for the life of me couldn't find any hooks for the ornaments. i got enough now for a few years, if I remember where I put them. I'm sure as I go through the boxes of other things I'll find them. I also have a 'JOY' tree to put up yet. Should get that done today, I hope!!

Mandy called yesterday morning to let me know what they were doing. It was so good to hear her voice and find out where everyone was going. They're in the Omaha area for the holiday. I'm sure they're having a great time. I'm anxious to see Charlotte again. She's just changing constantly right now and I just love being with her and watching her grow!! What a beautiful child God gave Jim & Mandy.

I should be doing something other than sitting here inputting into my computer but as usual, I'm tired. Barb worked on my neck a bit last night before she left. It felt great but today it's sore. But I figured it would be! She has the most talented fingers/hands. I obviously pulled some muscles in my right shoulder and Dr. Barb helped fixed it. I think heat sounds pretty good right now too. Last year for Christmas Barb got me one of those cherry-pit bags that you can freeze or heat and they're wonderful. I take mine to work with me every once in a while.

I have a meeting in Des Moines Thursday and was hoping to see my children, but it sounds like I have to be back in Dubuque on Friday morning. My boss is out all week and will return on Friday also. We have a board packet to get out! Yipee!! Oh well, next time. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I won't have to worry myself about slick roads. Normally I can handle snow but anything with ice scares the heck out of me (except ice cubes in my soda)!!

I have some Christmas projects I'm working on. I should probably get at that too today. I love long weekends, now if I would just get off my butt and get to work.

I probably should take my own advice and do just that. GET TO WORK! Here's hoping everyone that got up before the crack of dawn got what they wanted, that everyone has a great weekend and gets everything done that they want to!

Take care out there.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thanks again for dinner, it was great!!